Chapter 1- Arrival

"Okay pay attention. We are now starting with the first video." Mashima sensei said.

the screen turns on

I know this is kind of sudden, but, please, it will only take a moment. I want your honest opinion. Are people equal or not?

"Eto....whose voice is this?" Someone from Ryuen's class asked

"Hey this is Ayanokouji's voice right?" Ike said.

"So we are going to watch this from his perspective." Shinohara said.

"What is up with that question?" Onodera asked

"Hehhh...So we are watching from the monster's perspective....kukukuku this will be fun" Ryuen thought

"fufufu...Ayanokouji-kun's pov would indeed be interesting. I'd like to have a look in the mind of the masterpiece of white room" Sakayanagi thought

"Seriously.....the video just started and her creepy laugh began" Kamuro

A proper society will constantly strive for equality. There are those who clamor for men and women to always be considered equal. As a result, we raised the employment rate for women, we made specialized subway cars only for women. Sometimes, women will even argue over the order of names in a family register. The public opinion of people with disabilities has also changed. We're now told that we should not use the term "disabled people" when referring to them, so as not to discriminate. Nowadays, children are taught that all people are created equal.

These are my thoughts without a question. But how do they get hold of one's thoughts. I am really surprised here and so is everyone around me.

"Are these your thoughts?" Horikita asked

I nodded

"This video is going from your perspective Kiyotaka-kun then." Yousuke said 

"Eto...is no one going to ask the question about how are they able to read someone's mind" Ichinose asked.

"Are these your thoughts Ayanokoji?" Sudo asked

I nodded. Everyone seems confused.

But is that true? I have my doubts. If men and women have different abilities, then their roles should also differ. People with disabilities are still disabled, no matter what polite euphemisms you use. No matter how you try to avert your eyes, the meaning of the word does not change.

So, my answer would be, "No, we are not equal." To be human is to be unequal. Equality does not exist.

"Leaving aside the question on how are they able to read someone's mind I have to say you wonder about some abstract yet interesting things Ayanokouji." Katsuragi said

"Indeed. He is saying some interesting things." Kanzaki

"I had no Idea you are the type to think like that Kiyotaka but it seems every loner is unique in it's own way." Keisei

"He is indeed saying the truth....our society is certainly not equal" Chabashira

"Sae-chan your student seems to be quite the philosopher." Hoshinomiya

Long ago, in a bygone era, a great man said that heaven does not set one man above or below any other. However, he did not necessarily adhere to the idea that everyone is equal. Did you know that there is more to that famous passage? The rest goes like this: Everyone is equal when they are born, so I ask, why do we see differences in position and status? And it continues: Do you or do you not encourage learning to create a difference?