One-shot: Perspective

This happens at the end of  volume 7.5

Today was the last day of this year. Tomorrow a new year will begin. Such an occasion which comes only once a year calls for celebration. People do that by organizing small festivals and fireworks.

Hence the reason why I am spending my time roaming around the campus today. There have been various stalls for different items all around the school. Food, games, shops and sales you name it. Today was an extrovert's paradise.

A special occasion calls for different fashion than usual. Girls around are wearing yukatas and have populated the public places in the campus for today.

This alone was more than reason enough for the creatures in front of me to be high in the clouds as they let their eyes loose in this heaven.

Ike: "Beauties and cuties wherever you look. I wish everyday to be like this. Oh god! Please grant my wish."

Sudo: "Calm down kanji. Don't shout."

Ike: "Why not? There's so many people, so much noise is there my voice will be drowned no matter how loud I scream. Oh damn! Look at those tits."

Miyamoto: "Oi! Are you guys coming to the haunting house? Me and hondo are going. You guys come too."

We had just met with another group. Two people from our class. Today was rather a lively day.

Ike: "Yeah.  we'll be coming. Let's go sudo"

Happiness and excitement bring pleasure to people. In face of such pleasure, people sometimes forget to care or even notice something that disrupts a small fraction of that pleasure.

In conclusion my existence has no meaning to this world and it's people today.

I did not wear any special clothes, I don't interact often with many people and combined with my personality while interacting with them it all amounts to the fact that today I shall be an invisible existence to the people around me.

But I'm not sad. I'm rather happy just to be here. To be able to see what others see and to be able to feel this happiness and excitement around me first hand teaches me more about the customs and traditions of the society I'm living in.

It is a huge pool of knowledge and I'm going to let myself drown in it today.

So lets take a walk. It is near around 200 meters and walking there in this crowd would take around 2 or 3 minutes. In this time I plan to notice the behavior, conversation, facial expressions of any and every person I can focus upon. An observation exercise if you will. For some reason, I find it incredibly fun.

I know I can't enjoy these things myself as I am right now, but I can enjoy reading these people who in turn enjoy this world for me.

I see Shiranami and Ichinose with some other girls of class B around the food corners, many of them have candy apples. Ibuki although alone can be seen enjoying her cotton candy. Ishizaki and Komiya are there buying some magazines from a shop. A manga of sorts

Kanzaki and shibata plan on competing at the gift shop. The entire place is filled with colors and voices of so many people one could see what a society gathering looks like. There are some people who are already tired of the crowds and a group of class A could be seen enjoying their Takoyaki at the back benches placed behind the shops to rest.

Ike and Sudo along side others just came out of the haunting house and it seems like they had fun. They look exhausted a bit. Girls of our class too are scattered around all shops.

Groups led by Kushida and karuizawa are making their way through. But today Yousuke isn't there. As she told me a few days ago, she already broke up with him which means there is no reason to be together now. She has been spending her time with her girl friends.