Partners

"How long do you plan to stay here, Matsushita?"

I turned around as I said that. It was night, and due to the heavy rain I could say the visibility was considerably low. So even after seeing in the direction she was standing, I could not see her properly. Anyways I had called her out because I felt her presence since the time Kei had come to my room.

Slowly she came closer which allowed me to look clearly at her. She was here without an umbrella so she was soaking wet. I see no reason to follow me to this extent.

"Wow. You really are something, aren't you?" she asked me noticing that despite the rain I had been able to notice her presence. For a few moments there was silence between us before she broke it

"What are you doing here?" She asked

"I could ask the same from you"

She has always been the type to play mind games. Always probing for more information though I had never sensed any ill intent from her. She really is a curious one, isn't she?

"When did you notice?"

Now. If I tell her the truth then her next question will inevitably be about Kei. She already knows as she was there. What I wanted to know what was her end goal here? Had she followed Kei to my room or she had come for an entirely other reason?

"I called you out as soon as I noticed you"

"You like rain?" This was a question probably to throw me off.

"I do"

The most weird thing was that we were having this conversation while in rain. I was standing close to the edge. She came closer to me and started goofing around. She refrained from asking anymore questions.

"Hey"

She called out to me

"If you'd like to get something off your chest, you can talk to me"

"What?"

Did she think I was feeling a bit down after what happened? No that can't be it. This was a trap. Although her words were genuine but as a side-objective she would probably use it to get me to lower my guard. I decided to play dumb even though I knew what she was going to say next

"You can stop playing the fool now Ayanokouji-kun"

"Again. I have no Idea what you're talking"

"Karuizawa-san confessed to you, and you rejected her, right?"

"Care to explain ho and why were you eavesdropping on us?"

"I told you, no? I wanted to come to your room tonight"

She did say that. 

"Be careful with your words"

She was visibly flustered at my statement

"Why?"

"Just to talk"

"About what?"

"A few things regarding class matters...stuff here and there"

I gave her the gesture to follow me...we started to go downstairs. Mostly because the rain wasn't the best place to talk about it.

"You won't do any favors by coming to my room like that. Change"

Her clothes had become a bit see through after being in the rain so long

"Sorry"

She said as she ran away. I got to my room, changed and waited for her. A couple of minutes later she arrived in a hoodie and shorts. This was a sight that any man would yearn for