100+100K special (MISCONCEPTIONS)

This chapter is all about the misconceptions people have about the white room:

1. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is not the sole survivor

As mentioned in Ayanokouji and Tsukishiro's conversation during volume 11.5, there are students apart from Kiyo that completed the curriculum of 4th gen. He was the only one to complete without issues.

eg. Kiyo completed the test of Theory of relativity at age of 11 but Amasawa had to give it twice.

The fact is there are other people as well, just not as good as Kiyo

2. There is segregation even amongst the people of same generation

Kiyo said he does not know about the other students in fourth generation even if they were talented. That means Kiyo was kept in a separate place from them. Depending upon which course of the curriculum you're on, you might be kept on a different schedule.

Kiyo said 'losers regret their inability when it's too late': He knows the people who lost are separated from those who won, they are then punished. But it is safe to say they might me given a chance later to complete the curriculum they once failed. Amasawa gave an exam twice, she must have failed once.

3. The existence of Suzuki Shizuku:

Kiyo had seen only the people of fourth generation. He also said that white room students are not allowed to interact with each other...hence the character we all came to know as Suzuki Shizuku cannot exist in the form we think she does. Even if she did, no chance of her interacting with Kiyo.

The white room students are always monitored except for bathroom breaks. But in a place like this, they won't allow all of them to go to restroom at the same time. Don't count on that as an interaction

4. Evidence that The students take on an assignment at the same time and people of the same generation get to see each other

Kiyo has seen students being broken in the white room, sakayanagi has seen all of them completing chess tasks together and Kiyo.

5. People after the fourth generation have personalities

Until the fourth generation, there was the culture of individualism. Those who do not interact with anyone else have no personality. Ever since the fifth generation, they were taught the skills of cooperation and collaboration.

Amasawa and Yagami had interacted between them and other students of 5th gen. That means unlike Kiyo, they have their personality.

But the personality they have in this school is different from their real personality. That is because we can see the contradiction between Amasawa's actions and her real thoughts in her SS in Y2V6.

In a sense you could say, all the people of 5th gen have a personality and Amasawa and yagami are putting up a mask in the same way as Kushida does.

6. The possibility of existence of Mother/Family

Two evidences:

first in volume 2 where in a monologue Kiyo says he went to new york with his parents

In Y2V6, Kiyo says he hasn't told Kei about his family. If he only had a father, he would have said that. Also we can say that Kiyo wasn't being an unreliable narrator here which will become clear in the next point

7. Kiyo changing personalities

Kiyo said he can act a certain personality for a short period but it is his habit to be emotionless. he says after being in the white room for so long it is hard to break the habit of being emotionless.

He also said that when he first arrived at the school he wasn't sure if his personality could be that of a normal student. but when he realized that, he stopped acting and brought out his true self.

8. Comparing Kiyo and Kouenji

We know Kiyo is better at academics, hands down. No way he can be surpassed in that aspect.

It all comes down to athletics. Kouenji in his year here had become stronger, Kiyo had said that in his time during the school, his strength had fallen.

If you compare both of them at the time when the school started, Kiyo would surpass kouenji. In

Y2V4, he said that both of their forearm strength are the same, which, means they are about equal now. If they go the same way, Kiyo not training for another year and Kouenji training properly, He might surpass Kiyo in raw strength. Skills are a different matter though.

A/N: Thank you for supporting this tory until now and I hope you keep doing that. Although as of now I am taking a break since I have to plan things for my plot for my own novel.

I will discuss about Y2V7 when it comes out on 25th June, 2022.

See you then.