03

CHAPTER THREE ;
THE RICH

ACT ONE ;
NEW LAND, NEW LIFE

The city was huge and very bright and unfortunately filled with people which hindered my search for the mystery people

The city was huge and very bright and unfortunately filled with people which hindered my search for the mystery people. It definitely wasn't the easiest task to observe the sketches and since when did meat float? Well there was no time to question anything.

I have searched the boats and side tracked by various street food vendors trying to sell things to me but I had yet to find the mysterious pair. I hadn't seen anyone that fit the description and my patience was wearing paper thin. However, therewas one place I had yet to search. A restaurant with some kind of storyteller and guess what, the two individuals that I was in search of.

'What was I going to tell them again? Oh well I'll figure it out...probably'

So, I marched towards the pair just as the storyteller was going to finish his story and grabbed the blonde braided guys shoulder.

'Please be the right person'

"Uh... can I help you?" The blonde smiled awkwardly whilst I realised I had been spacing out.

"Dunno that's why I'm here"

"Hey! You ruined the ending of the story lady!" A high pitched voiced came from beside the boy said (more like screeched). It was not a piece of meat with a mouth, but was instead some kind of floating toddler thing.

"Shut up" I said to her before turning back to the blonde who was watching the scene unfold before his eyes.

"This you?" I shoved the drawing that was in my pocket into his face and his expression turned even more confused.

"Possibly? I'm not really sure. Who are you?" The traveler said with an unusually polite tone despite my rudeness. Too bad I couldn't care less though.

"I am [Y/- hang on... is that my name? Well I'm [Y/N]... I think..."

"YOU THINK?! Paimon thinks this girl has something seriously wrong with her."

I sent the screeching child a side glare which shut her up almost instantly and went back to the boy who was still sat down.

"Your name doesn't ring any bells... are you sure you haven't gotten the wrong person? The drawing you shown looks like it was made by a child. Did you hit your head? Do you need help?"

"No, no and yes"

"eh?"

"I was sent here"

"By who? A name would help a lot"

"Can't remember" he deadpanned at my more than unhelpful reply and laughed uncomfortably whilst sending pleading eyes to the taller man that had been silent the whole time.

"I believe I recognise that messy art style. Were you perhaps sent here by Hu Tao?" The unknown man said in an unnaturally deep voice.

══════════════════