09

CHAPTER NINE ;
MAY THE LIVING BEWARE!

ACT ONE ;
NEW LAND , NEW LIFE

I looked off to the side to see a familiar looking girl that I couldn't put my finger on it

"You seem familiar..." I trailed off as she giggled at the response before walking closer.

"Remember the name Hu Tao?"

"If I did I'd remember you"

She laughed again before crossing her arms, "You know what I like to do when I'm annoyed?"

"...No?-"

"I prank people obviously! It's a great stress reliever and not to mention fun! So what do  you say?"

"What's a prank?" I asked and she looked taken aback for a second before a mischievous look took over her features.

"I'll show you!" she grabbed my hand and hoisted me uo before running off and with nothing else to do, I followed after her.

﹌﹌﹌

"See that girl with the braids over there?"

I looked over the ledge that we were hiding behind to see a young girl with bright clothing and navy coloured hair. She was in some sort of kitchen, presumably a chef.

"Yes, but why are we hiding?" I asked as her smile widened.

"Pranks aren't good without the element of surprise!" Hu Tao cheered before moving closer to where the lady was working.

I watched on as my confusion grew. Hu Tao had told me to follower her lead but the problem was she wasn't explaining anything.

I followed behind her, keeping low to the ground before she stopped at the arch of the small house. Lots of people were eating there so it was probably a restaurant of some sort.

I heard a small giggle come from the funeral parlors manager as I saw the cook turn around to go outside except this time she had her arms full of plates.

Right before she was about to leave the kitchen, Hu Tao drew her spear which made me wonder.

'are pranks a form of murder? Is this woman a psychopath?'

No she wasn't a murderer. Instead she gave the polearm to me and asked me to hold it.

'what is happening right now?'

She then brought her hands close to her before throwing them out again. A whisp of flames came from her hands and following was a small ghost with an unusually happy expression.

The chef stumbled back with a high pitched screech and all the plates started to fall to the ground. I thought for a second before rushing towards her.

'I can't believe I'm helping a stranger'

I reached out my arms and caught the plates that were close to the ground. Luckily, the way she dropped them ensured none of the food fell on the ground.

The navy haired girl, now on the ground a little shaken, looked like she was about to explode with anger.

"HU TAO!"

"Whoops! Seems like the prank didn't go very well. We'll be leaving now and also if you're ever worried about your health, you can always visit-"

"For the last time, I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR COUPONS!" the cook shouted before carefully removing the plates that I had luckily caught.

"You have some good reflexes! Thanks for catching them!" she beamed but then looked panicked, "I'm sorry! I have to serve the guests, you can come here anytime to grab a bite on the house though as a thanks!"

She then rushed outside with the food and Hu Tao and I started to walk through tbe streets to make our way back.

"You weren't over exaggerating your reflexes! I'm glad you weren't lying!" she grinned happily.

"Why would I lie?"

"You never know, people lie all the time these days!"

I nodded in understanding.

"Well then, let's go back to the funeral parlor and see if we have any new clients waiting for us!"

══════════════════

Baal came home :D

I wish everyone else luck on their pulls (if you haven't already lmao)!

(small spoiler i think???)

Still stuck on the second raiden fight tho she stronk 🕴️