06

CHAPTER SIX ;
LEAFLET DUTY

ACT ONE ;
NEW LAND, NEW LIFE

It was not great, it was boring

Zhongli didn't seem to be having a blast either and instead resorted to just holding leaflets out for the who was interested

No one was interested

What was on these leaflets you may ask? Coupons. For funerals an coffins.

Now that I thought more about the concept of funeral parlors and all the coffin discounts, it would come in handy for demon slayers in general. Especially considering that the lower ranks were pretty shit at their jobs.

"I think that's enough handed out for now. How about we go to wanmin restaurant? It's a good place to start as you're new to Liyue" The familiar deep voice intergected my mindless actions of handing leaflets out. I turned to the taller man who was already smiling down at me but for some reason, something felt like it was wrong.

﹌﹌﹌

"Ah...it appears I forgot my mora...again" Zhongli said rather sheepishly whilst patting down his pockets like the currency would just appear out of no where. I looked blankly at him.

"I don't know what mora is..."

"Oh dear."

We both sat in silence whilst the broke man looked like he was thinking deeply about something and just as I thought we'd have to commit crime, his face suddenly lit up with realisation.

"Please wait here for a moment, I will not be long" and with that he stood up from his seat and disappeared off in the crowds and I was left there to think to myself.

The conversations were quite one sided with Zhongli talking like he was a dictionary whilst I half listened as admittedly, he had a nice voice that I would happily listen too just not the words. I did however answer some of the questions he asked so we could 'get to know each other better' but something was a bit off about him.

True to his word, Zhongli did indeed return not long after but this time he had someone with him who looked friendly. A little to friendly.

══════════════════