23

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ;
VERY BLUE

ACT THREE ;
LANTERN RITE

I was sat at walking restaurant as Xiangling had asked for me to come and try her new dish

I was in no position to not to so I obliged and now here I am, with a full table of food taste testing with the burning gaze of the pyro user on my back with the occupational

"SoOo how is it?"

"good"

A beaming smile appeared on her features until her face dropped before a smile again.

"I forgot to tell you! I also invited some of my friends to join. I hope it's okay!"

"I couldn't care less"

"Great!"

As if on cue, two people came through and greeted her. I side eyed them as I picked on the spicy dish.

'they're very... blue'

They both sat down and seemed confused, until the one with the light blue hair suddenly gasped.

"YOU—"

"Oh I remember you! You're the one we met a few weeks ago." The one with a book clutched in his hand looked up from the pages with a pleasant smile.

"It's good to meet you again."

"what."

"Oh yeah that's right! You have met them before!" The chef exclaimed. She then sunk down a little.

"I doubt you'll remember them though with your memory."

I nodded and moved to the next thing on the table, xianglings specialty, boiled fish.

"Memory? What does that mean? Are we that forgettable?"

"It's not that it's just that [Y/N] has a... amnesia problem?" She awkwardly said, as if it was wrong to say.

"Kinda like Qiqi" She concluded and the two boys nodded in understanding.

"Well then, I suppose we'll just have to meet again and again until you remember us." The one with the weird haircut says and he then dipped his nose back into the book.

"Well since you don't remember... I'm Chongyun and that's Xingqiu" he said and they both waved in sync.

"Is you amnesia caused by a demon? I can exorcise it for you—!"

"no"

"Oh. Okay" He looked degected and sank back into his seat.

"Well I've gotta help dad with serving! See ya later! Guoba you stay here!" She said to the bear as he made a noise that I assumed to be an okay in bear language.

He plopped down next to be and watched intently as I ate some shrimp balls.

I looked to the side and saw him jumping on his seat.

"what?"

"Shrimp balls are Guoba's favourite." The exorcist explained as he checked his plate for something. I looked at him confused.

"What are you doing?" I asked and he looked up with a bit of red dusting his cheeks.

"I'm checking for chilli's...I can't handle spicy food."

"oh"

I looked away to the platter of shrimp balls and got a smaller side plate, placing some on it and then gave it to Xianglings bear companion.

He made a sound of content and started to eat them.

"So what would you say is the best thing here?" The book worm had now put it down and was staring at everything.

I pointed at a dish that was in a bowl, and the two dug into it.

I saw Chongyun's face turn bright red and Xingqiu started to cackle quietly.

I looked at them weirdly.

"What're you doing? Why do you look like that?"

"whY'S IT SPICY????"

"oh yeah you can't eat spicy can you? sorry I forgot"

I gave him a cup of icy water and he gulped it all in one go frantically. He was really red now and suddenly his head dropped onto the table with a loud bang.

"oops"

══════════════════