29

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE ;
PARENTS!?
(KIND OF A BEIDOU HANG OUT)

ACT FOUR ;
JUST LIKE HOME

The pirate was an interesting character

The pirate was an interesting character. She had invited me to sit with her on the sand overlooking the ocean whilst kazuha and aether went after the vision thief. She didn't seem all that bothered about it, to the point where she qas comfortable enough to walk away from the arena.

"I must admit, my ego is a little deflated!" She laughed awkwardly as she rested her arm on her knee.

"why? It's not your fault the vision got snatched away." I replied. I wasn't very good at comforting people, but being along side the traveller helped me be a little bit more in tune with other people's emotions.

"It's just kinda embarrassing being in front of Liyue's heroes, y'know,"

"I don't know."

She let out another laugh, it was a lot more comfortable this time though.

"Ningguang sent me a letter afterwards. I was gonna invite you to see the crux myself y'know?"

I looked at her I'm confusion.

"why? I'm not a sailor and I don't know you."

"Well, I had initially heard of your fight will osial and then the assistance against Beisht... I was thinking on taking you and the traveller on a joy ride or something!" She continued, "I've heard that you've never been on a boat before via Ningguang's Intel, so I thought why not take the opportunity!"

I nodded hesitantly. I felt a great deal safer on land.

"Eh? Why do you look like a downcast puppy all of a sudden? Did I say something to upset you—"

"I... don't like water."

Silence.

And then another burst of laughter. It just never stopped and I felt my face heat up slightly with embrassment.

"w-what are you laughing at? I've never needed to like water so why should i start now?"

"Y-YOU! THE ONE WHO FOUGHT THE OVERLORD OF THE VORTEX AND HIS WIFE AND WON! IS AFRAID OF THE SEA? YOU'RE A FUNNY ONE!" She howled with laughter as she hit the sand with her hand.

"I'm not joking..."

"oh."

"Well! Based off of the results of the clash, you've for sure won! Maybe the journey to Inazuma can help you overcome it?"

I hummed, "maybe"

Silence engulfed us once again and I felt a pair of eyes burning into me. I turned to the side and sure enough the captain was studying me with a smile on her face.

"You remind me of someone. That little girl from pharmacy, that's it! You share characteristics with eachother!"

"...that name sounds familiar..."

"SEE! You're both forgetful, scary when you fight and are adorable!"

"eh"

"Me and Ninggunag finally agree on something for once... hey how do you feel about having two mums?"

"what."

"Is that a yes? You can have unlimited ship rides and not to mention Ningg's money! She's really really really rich you kn—"

"I don't need money... and didn't I already say I hate water—"

"Coooome oooon... it doesn't have to be official! JusT LET ME SPOIL YOU!—"

"Captain Beidou, Kazuha and the traveller have returned with the vision- oh did I interrupt something important? Sorry! I'll come back later!"

It did look unusual. Beidou had now gotten up from her sitting position and was now crouched like a crazy person with her arms outstretched into a mix of jazz and grabby hands.

"NO! COME BACK! Let's go my daughter! We  still need to officially announce your victory! As expected of my child!" Her very obnoxious affectionate names made my eyes twitch. She was definetly doing it on purpose.

"I'm not your daughter."

"HAHA! Ningg's gonna love you!"

══════════════════

Beidou 🤝 Ningguang
Adopting the MC

also, I have an announcement for this book on my board! Please go to there and answer or I'll bite your fingers off 💖💝💝💖💝🥺🥺🥺