11

CHAPTER ELEVEN ;
GOLDEN HOUSE

ACT ONE ;
NEW LAND, NEW LIFE

"Wooooow! This is the Golden House? It looked impressive enough from the outside

"Wooooow! This is the Golden House? It looked impressive enough from the outside... but who'd of guessed it was even fancier on the inside! And so much mora!!!" Paimon the went onto nearly incriminate herself by stealing the money. She probably would have if Aether wasn't here.

"We better check on the Euxuvia first, Paimon"

"It's suspiciously quiet in here..." I mumbled

"Paimon's noticed that too! Shouldn't there be people protecting something as special as the Euxuvia?" She then gasped and all looked to here she was looking. There were people wearing uniforms scattered along ge the floor knocked out cold.

We rushed down to the Euxuvia to see if it was okay and it looked untouched to me but then again I am not a professional with dead gods.

"You've already fulfilled your tasks as guides, so why do you still linger here? Haven't you already seen enough trouble,e for today?" A voice bounced off the walls

"...sketchy guy..."

"If you were fatui, I imagine you would be entitled to a generous reward from the tsaritsa herself. But now, you're nothing but dross — and you're in my way" The ginger sauntered up the steps where we standing.

"Looks like we were right on time then" Aether retaliated and the harbinger let out a bitter laugh.

"Although I'm deeply grateful to you for helping me find this secret location so effortlessly, don't younthjnk that trying to stop me now would be a wasted effort? Stopping the mora mints, hiding away the Euxuvia..." He laughed again, "the Qixing re really putting out all the stops this time"

"So you've been planning on taking the gnosis from the Euxuvia all along!?"

I deadpanned at Paimon's question, "What do you think he's here for? A walk?"

"As one of the eleven fatui harbingers, it's my duty to see the will of the tsaritsa carried out. She will get what she desires."

"Not if I have anything to say about it!" The blonde declared and I let out a sigh

"I guess I have nothing better to do, so I'll help..."

Childe laughed yet again, "I'm not asking for your blessing, there's nothing you can do to stop me anyway. The time for discussionand diplomacy has already passed. I mean, if it were up to me, I would of skipped that stage to begin with... but I'm willing to do as the Tsaritsa sees fit. Either way — we now come to my favourite part. A simple pleasure, and one that I am oh-so-delighted to be sharing with you... the battle."

"Battle? So you're the type who goes out looking for trouble, huh?" Paimon said

He laughed again making me furrow my eyebrows

'How many times is he going to laugh?'

"You could say that. When Signora offended the deities outside the cathedral in Mondstadt, she swiftly left the scene after her mission was done. Instead of confronting you directly, she chose to rely on the snow and ice to make her escape. She wouldn't want the knights running towards the sound of battle now, would she? When she faces a worthy opponent, she will prioritise her mission, weigh the outcomes and consider the consequences of her actions...but as for me, the best part about being a harbinger is getting to cross blades with a strong opponent"

"We won't let what happened in Mondstadt ever happen again!"

'What is Mondstadt?'

"Oh? So you intend to fight me? Good. I won't kill you, traveller. I'll play along — to feel the thrill of battle! Besides, you could never beat me. Not even in your wildest dreams. But hey, try to relish the fight anyway. Because if you ask me... if you haven't got that, what else is there?"

"I could never defeat you!? You're completely delusional!"

The ginger cackled maliciously, "Fighting talk,I love it! Now let's see if you live up to it."

══════════════════