16

CHAPTEN SIXTEEN ;
CITY OF BARDS

ACT TWO;
WINDSWEPT CITY

"We're going where exactly?" I asked the overly excited pair who were quite literally dragging me through the plains of wherever the hell we were

"I figured before the lantern rite festival, we could show you around Mondstadt!" the blonde eagerly proclaimed.

"around what now?"

"Mondstadt was the first place I visited and the knights have invited me to visit." He continued, taking a neatly kept letter out from his pockets and waving it around like a flag.

"I'm sure you'll make a bunch of new friends, it'll also be good for keeping up with improving your memory!"

I internally grumbled — more people to remember.

"Now Paimon thinks about it, the blue tips on your hair reminds me of a certain tone deaf bard..." the pixie trailed off until her eyes popped open in some kind of realisation.

"ARE YOU SECRETLY HIM AND PLAYING DUMB?!"

"what"

"Paimon hush." The traveller consoled the pixie as she huffed.

"Paimon was just checking!"

﹌﹌﹌

I felt my eye twitch in frustration. I thought Liyue was busy, Mondstadt was on a whole other level of noisy!

The two gUiDeS stood in front of me and gave some jazz hands whilst singing 'Welcome to Mondstadt!'.

I deadpanned at them.

'what a bunch of weirdos'

The scent of strong alcohol and fresh flowers wafted through the air. Talking about the air, the wind was gentle today.

There were merchants and sellers everywhere calling out to the passerby to get them to buy products. In short, it was like Liyue.

"hMmMMMmMMm" an obnoxious hum came from Paimon and Aether seemed to be in deep thought as well (just a lot less annoyingly).

"Let's leave the alcoholic,no good, slacker for last and start off with the knights and say hi!" She put her hands to her hips as if she had came up with the best idea ever and the blonde beside her nodded in agreement.

However, as she was about to float away, a large gust of air, that seemed suspiciously aimed at the small girl, swept her away and threw her outside of the gates.

Aether let out a cackle, as if he half-expected that to happen.

She let out a swift S O R R Y and she was freed from the breeze.

"Geez, Piamon was just having a little laugh y'know..."

they both collected themselves as I watched silently and they finally decided to lead the way to the 'knights HQ'.

﹌﹌﹌

"Traveller?" A startled, but collected voice said as we entered the well-kept room.

"You actually came—oh—and you brought a friend along with you." she exclaimed.

Said woman had a tall build, a blonde pony tail and noble looking clothing. A hilt with it's sword in it laid on the wall behind her.

"It's comforting to know that the traveller has been able to make some friends,I'm Jean, the head of the Knights Of Favonius"

I stood there silently for a bit as she held out her hand politely. I slowly took it and shook it slowly.

"I'm... [Y/N]"

"I'm glad you took me up on my offer traveller, your boarding fees have been taken care of as promised."

The blonde nodded and was about to say something else but was interrupted by Jean herself.

"I'm afraid I'm a bit busy right now, you three go run along and have fun. However, if I see any of you cause trouble, there shall be consequences." She said with a much darker tone, like a mother scolding her kids to make them stop.

The traveller coughed awkwardly, "sooo, do you know where Kaeya and Lisa are?"

"Ah, well Lisa is hunting down her missing books and Kaeya well... he's probably harassing master diluc again."

The blonde nodded in understanding, "It was nice to see you again Jean, make sure to take breaks! Cya!" He said and dragged me out again. I gave a small wave to the woman and she returned it until the door slammed behind us.

"Paimom guesses it's time to go to Angel's Share!"

══════════════════

yo, I hope everyone had a nice Christmas (if you celebrate) or just a nice day.

My plan for this is to speed run a mini Mondstadt arc in time for lantern rite, maybe revisit Mondstadt again and then go to inazuma.

Basically, I have an idea on what to do.

Also, don't worry, we'll see the rest of the Liyue characters soon!