30

CHAPTER THIRTY ;
THE LAND OF BELLOWING THUNDER

ACT FOUR ;
JUST LIKE HOME

Since the thief had been apprehended by the two others, I was automatically given the title as the winner of the crux clash

This meant that the traveller and I had a first class ticket to Inazuma!

"I... don't want to get on the boat." I stood there the edge of the platform that was between the ledge of a mountain and the crux fleet.

The blonde turned around on the boat with a confused look. The pixie beside him had a teasing grin on her face.

"What? Is the big bad [Y/N] scared of boat rides?"

"Yes. If I drown on the way, I'm taking you with me first, Paimon"

I cautiously walked across the thin peice of wood and looked around the ship. It was well maintained and had crew members scrambling around like headless chickens.

Paimon laughed awkwardly as she waved her arms around.

"Don't say things like that to scare Paimon!"

"no."

"WH—"

The White haired child was interrupted by the sudden commands being shouted by Captain Beidou.

It was time to set sail.

There was sudden jerk to the boat and it started to slowly move forwards towards the empty part of the ocean.

The gentle bobbing of the ship and the sound of the sea was actually quite pleasant.

The blonde pretty much left as soon as it started moving, probably to either speak to Beidou or just enjoy the views.

I could feel an unfamiliar feeling bubbling in my stomach. It felt like unpleasant butterflies.

'am I really that nervous to get too close to the side of the boat?'

I shook my head at the idiotic concept.

I had fought countless human eating creatures and a literal sea lord yet I couldn't even look at the sea without feeling a little queasy.

Alas, I didn't look over the railing and instead went for exploring the ship itself.

It was made out of sturdy wood and has amazing paint work. I don't really understand why it's so important for something that's not really going to be seen by onlookers to look nice, but maybe Beidou just liked aesthetically pleasing things.

"are you alright? You look like you're unwell."

I looked to where the voice came from and was met with a head full of white fluff and a light smile.

"...I think I've seen you before."

a small snicker came from the maple leaf man.

"you have, that is why"

I nodded my head. such things didn't really come as a suprise to me anymore.

"Again, you're looking ill, are you okay?"

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well I overheard that small girl you and the traveller go around with gossiping about your fear for water"

'she's definitely going to be my life jacket if I fall in the ocean.'

I shook my head.

"I'll be fine"

"Whatever you say then. I so recommend you to find somewhere you'll feel better though, as we'll be approaching the storm that borders Inazuma soon."

I nodded my head as he walked off with another smile and a small wave of his hand

'how bad could it be?'

﹌﹌

incredibly bad

I had asked Beidou about it not long after and she invited me to stay in the cellar. It was filled with crates and bottles but was spacious and had a door.

I was being flung all over the place and trying to not to get smacked by glass bottles or crushed by boxes filled with food.

I felt like a cat trying to avoid getting sprayed with water.

I clung to one of the shelves as another strong movement nearly made me loose my footing.

'thisisfinethisisfinethisisfine'

It was unlike anything I had experienced before and I had no idea to react.

'if Hu Tao knew about this, she'd be making my coffin already'

Not long after, the aggressive moves stopped and it became soft swaying once again.

I got up, albeit with very wobbly legs, and walked outside. The crashes of thunder and the flashes of lightning had stopped and was now replaced with the soft glow of sunset.

I caught the sight of Aether standing at the railing looking mesmerised.

I looked past him slightly and caught sight of the land we had made the journey for.

Maples and sakura fell onto the ground and the residents went on with their lives, some going home, some setting up for their evening work.

I couldn't help but walk a little closer to the railing.

'why does it feel so... familiar?'

══════════════════

ANSWERING THE FEW QUESTIONS I WAS ASKED ON MY BOARD!

1.WILL THE MC GET THEIR MEMORIER IN FUTURE CHAPTERS? mAAAAAYBE. It'll be during a special moment that's for sure ehe

2.ANY KNY CHARACTER APPEARANCES IN THE FUTURE? there will be, but probably not in the way you think

3. WHO WOULD BE STRONGER? AETHER, XIAO OR THE MC? I mean Aether is literally a wielder of 3 elements and a future 4 more and is rumoured to be on par with every god so MC would probably get murked bug tome if they ever got into a fight with prime Aether 💀 Xiao is also immortal, but i feel like MC would still have a reasonable amount of power against them. I try not to make the MC to OP but not to 'damsel in distress' ,you know? MC is definitely on the stronger side though, it's just fighting a demon or a divine deity would be two completely different things!