26✨

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE ❤️

5 days later
Jackson, MS
At Kemari's Apartment

Kemari Avani Pierson

I was in my glam room doing my client's lashes while listening to Billie Eilish.

"Alright girly, I'm finished." I handed her the mirror to see her new full set.

"Thank you" Elidrea smiled brightly as she looked at her Hybrid set. "Girl I'm going to miss you doing my lash extensions" she pouted.

"What do you mean? You're not going to let me do them anymore?"

"No, it's just that I'm moving to Houston in a month" she told me.

"Girl I'm going to miss you" I frowned. "You were my best client."

"Chile and you were one of the best lash techs ever. I don't know how these Houston heifers do lashes." She scrunched up her face. "I might go back to wearing strips because I don't trust anybody with my eyes"

"I'm the same way about my hair. I don't let anyone but Xavier and Kyri do my hair"

"Well I got to get up out of here" she stood up. "Bye girl" we hugged.

"Bye boo" I pulled away and watched her leave my apartment.

I looked down at my phone and saw that she sent me $200 on cash app. This girl gave me a BIG ass tip.

I washed my hands then went to my room and laid on my bed.

I took a 2 hour nap and woke up by the sound of my phone ringing.

"What?" I groaned as I picked up Xavier's phone call.

"Get ready because we're having family dinner at Zina's house. Abuela just learned how to make Birria Tacos so she's making them for everybody tonight" he told me.

"Alright I'll be over soon" I hung up and got up.

45 minutes later

I walked in Zina's house and went straight to the living room. "Hey guys"

"Hey Vani" Zina parents greeted me.

"Is Abuela in the kitchen?" I asked them.

"Yes and everybody else is on the deck" Zina's mom informed me.

I walked to the kitchen and saw Abuela seasoning the meat.

"Hola Vani" Abuela smiled.

"Hello my favorite Dominican grandmother" I kissed her cheek.

"How've you been lately?" she asked.

"I've been good" I sighed.

She took a step back and looked at me for a minute. "Estás embarazada? (Are you pregnant?)" She furrowed her eyebrows while maintaining his stare on me.

"Yes ma'am" I looked down in slight shame.

I understand spanish a little but can't speak it-

She grabbed a wooden spoon and started hitting my arm. "No debe esta embarazada tan pronto! (You should not be pregnant this soon)"

"I know Abuela" I rubbed my arm and ran to the other side of the kitchen.

"How did you get pregnant Niña?" She threw the spoon at me then put her hand on her hip.

This lady really threw a spoon at my head-

"Oww stop being abusive" I whined and rubbed my head. "I got pregnant the first time I had sex. This pregnancy was definitely not planned" I told her.