Chapitre treize : Foi entrelacées

Today was the start of their first day of official classes. Wei Wuxian walked the path towards the Lanshi with a bright smile. Jiang Wanyin and Nie Huaisang could just wonder what got him so pumped up.

"Wei-Xiong, are you okay? Are you sick?"

"What do you mean sick? I'm perfectly fine!"

"Why are you smiling like that? You've never been excited for a lesson."

"Well, maybe metanoia?"

Wei Wuxian walked first, Jiang Wanyin and Nie Huaisang looking at each other, worried. As they entered the Lanshi, Wei Wuxian made his way to his seat and sat, well... improperly. Not long after, Lan Qiren came in and walked up front. Wei Wuxian leaned his head as looked at Lan Wangji who had glared at him again.

"Today is the first day of official lessons. Let us start first by reading the Lan Sect rules."

Wei Wuxian, once again saw heaven. As Lan Qiren continues to read the rules, Wei Wuxian let out a sigh and slumped on the desk. Earning a glare from the teacher.

"You there."

"Me?"

Wei Wuxian lift his head up and pointed at himself.

"Stand up."

Wei Wuxian did as told.

"You are from the Yunmeng Jiang sect, no?"

"Yes, I am Wei Ying, courtesy Wuxian."

Wei Ying bowed with his hand together infront of him. Lan Qiren asked him questions and further more. Getting angry at every right answer the young master gave. On the other hand, Wei Wuxian was just answering lazily since he knew all of this ever since he was 8. In one question, Lan Qiren shamed Wei Wuxian by letting his top disciple, Lan Wangji, to answer while Wei Wuxian was still thinking. Looking outside the window at the back, Wei Wuxian could see Nan Feng holding Fu Yao back in order not to cut the old man up. Wei Wuxian sighed as he saw that Nan Feng and Fu Yao noticed them.

"But I was thinking of a fourth path."

"What fourth path? I've never heard of that."

"Well, if the corpse is filled with Resentful energy to the brim, why not find a way to harness and control that energy?"

[I tried it before, still lacking it though.]

"Shameless!"

Lan Qiren had thrown a scroll at Wei Wuxian.

"We do not use evil! Ever!"

"Resentful energy is still the same as spiritual energy! And it can be efficient in times of not being able to use your spiritual energy."

"Get out!"

"Fine fine! I'm getting out! Bye!~"

"You're just like your mother, so shameless and arrogant. Hmph!"

Before Wei Wuxian could even go out, he locked his cold piercing gaze on Lan Qiren.

"You know I can accept any words you say about me... But don't you dare mention my late mother here. It's none of her business if I do what I do."

Jiang Wanyin started to sweat, he knows how mad Wei Wuxian can get if he heard something foul. The last time he got this mad is when he burned a lower sects property down to the ground. (Much like what Hua Cheng did with the thirty three Gods that humiliated his husband.)

(They like arson I guess?)

Wei Wuxian let out a sigh before running outside. The lesson inside the Lanshi continued on without Wei Wuxian. The young master made his way to a hill where a huge tree of different color grew. Sitting on the given spot as he breathed in slowly.