Chapitre vingt-six : Un autre aux teintes noisette

Wei Wuxian didn't want to enter through the entrance because he knows if someone sees him, it'll just spread like wild fire around Cloud Recesses. He doesn't want anyone to know yet, so he decided to come through the back hill. A very stupid idea but hey, He's Wei Wuxian after all. What did you expect?

"A house? Why is it so far away from the rest?"

Wei Wuxian walked towards the plain house that was built like the rest of the houses in Cloud Recesses. Jumping up to the porch as he fixed the blue robe on him that almost fell from his jump.

"Does anyone live here?"

Wei Wuxian was about to open the door when a wooden sword swung at him, only causing it to break. Wei Wuxian only used his index finger in stopping the impact of it.

"Who are you? How did you get here?"

"I'm sorry to invade your privacy but I thought engaging in physical combat is forbidden in Cloud Recesses?"

"The question was how did you get here? There was a barrier that surrounded this area."

"A barrier? I didn't even feel it! I'm sorry for invading your privacy, mister."

"Who are you?"

The man opened the door, he had the same visuals as Lan Wangji but older. He had the hazel eyes of Lan Xichen and that soft demeanor of the older jade.

"I am Wei Ying, courtesy Wuxian. I am a disciple of the Yunmeng Jiang sect."

Wei Wuxian bowed before facing the man again.

"Wei Ying? Are you perhaps related to Changze?"

"Yes, he's my late father."

The man grew silent.

"Are Changze and Cangse dead?"

"Yes, unfortunately..."

"I express my condolences."

"It's okay, Xiangsheng."

"It's Qingheng-Jun. I am the former Sect Leader of Gusu Lan."

"Ah! You're Lan Zhans' father!"

"You know my children?"

"Mhm, I'm acquainted with them."

The man gave a fond smile.

"I'm glad my children have friends to socialize with."

"Qingheng-Jun, are you feeling fine?"

"I am. Would you like a cup of tea?"

"If you don't mind. Pardon me."

Wei Wuxian bowed as he follows Qingheng-Jun inside and sat on the decent tatami. The place smelled like the normal scent of sandalwood Lan Wangji gave him. It was also very serene and peaceful inside. Qingheng-Jun sat infront of him and offered him tea.

"You have passed the barrier without even notice, how did you do it?"

"It was very weak."

"Hm. Nobody could even pass that barrier, neither can my dìdì."

"Old Man Lan can't pass the barrier?!"

"Old man Lan?"

"Ah! Ahahaha I'm sorry for the disrespect. I am quite friendsies with Master Lan Qiren."

"A-Ren was never the one to be friends with a student. Say, what magic did you use?"

"Oh, it's quite personal if I may. He distributed unjust punishment towards me and my adoptive parents and relatives came to confront. I'm sorry for the almost destruction that awaited Cloud Recesses."