Chapitre vingt-huit : Quelqu'un à aimer, c'est ce que je veux

Wei Wuxian stayed at Cloud Recesses with annual visits from Yin Yu who still didn't like these mortals. Wei Wuxian mostly stuck with Lan Wangji, secretly following him for a reason he doesn't know himself. I guess it's a hobby of his to watch his friend slowly being happy with his father. Their family relationship was getting fixed and all things are great. Lan Haozhi and Wei Wuxian often played around Cloud Recesses, students were befuddled to see the most Un-Lan Lan they'll ever come across in their lives. Cloud Recesses basically became a circus for them. Now a free period, Lan Wangji was at the library copying texts as required by Lan Qiren. Wei Wuxian was behind the room separator as he watched Lan Wangji write, now having enough of the silence as he bursted into butterflies and appeared infront of the startled Lan Wangji.

"Hey, Lan Zhan."

Lan Wangji knitted his brows and quickly turned back to writing.

"Hey! Come on, notice me please."

"What do you need?"

[He talked back? Hah...]

Wei Wuxian smiled softly as he moved to his side. Leaning on Lan Wangji, heads close to each other. Lan Wangji didn't bother at all as he let him lean on him.

"Was it something I said? That made you interested or made you upset?"

"No."

[He's really responding now.]

"Lan Zhan, how are you and Haozhi Shushu?"

"Good."

"Was it awkward?"

"At first. I wasn't used to talking with him."

"Well of course it'd be awkward. You've never been with your father at all."

"Mn."

Wei Wuxian took the red silk from his ponytail, letting his hair flutter down to the floor. He took off his blue robe and placed it on Lan Wangji.

"It's getting a bit cold here for a reason. Have that."

Lan Wangji was surprised as he stopped writing and faced Wei Wuxian.

"Isn't this an important robe to you?"

"It is but I don't mind. You're my friend after all."

"Not close."

Wei Wuxian chuckled while Lan Wangji softly smiled before turning back to his papers.

"Lan Zhan, Haozhi Shushu really gave you his face didn't he? He looks like you but an Oldie."

"Mother often mentioned that I looked like him."

"Well she didn't lie!"

Wei Wuxian gathered Lan Wangjis' hair and tied it up in a ponytail.

"There, you look just like him!"

"Pathetic."

Lan Wangji slowly looked at Wei Wuxian who stared at him like he's the only person in the world. Ears now tinting in red as he stared back into Wei Wuxians' silver eyes.

"Lan Zhan, I'm really happy that you're smiling now."

"Thank you."

Wei Wuxian scratched his head as he turned around and leaned back on Lan Wangji who kept his eyes on him.

"Lan Zhan, there's no need to say sorry and thank you between us. You're my friend after all."

"Mn."

"So we're friends now?"

"Acquaintances."

Wei Wuxian grinned before closing his eyes.