Chapitre seize : L'eau profonde

Wei Wuxian and Jiang Wanyin were sat across as they ate cold cream with flavor.

"You eat so gross Wei Wuxian."

"I do not, it's just good! You haven't even touched yours!"

"It's because you look like you're eating pig shit."

"Ew! You're making me loose my appetite."

"Good."

Wei Wuxian then smelled something waft in the air.

"Wine... Rice wine!"

He quickly stood up and jumped on a raft.

"Wei Wuxian! Where are you going?!"

"Chasing the love of my life!"

Jiang Cheng could only let out a sigh. Putting a small smile on his face as he watched Wei Wuxian sail away. The young master paddled with his bamboo stick, following the scent of such fine wine.

"I'm coming, oh so coming to drink that wine."

As he was nearing to the boat that sold rice wine, he bumped into another boat. Colliding with the luxury raft where a man in yellow sat, spilling the drink he had on himself. A glare shot at him.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

"Well sorry, I didn't see or think I would run into you."

"You should've watched where you're going!"

"I already said I was sorry."

[Fucking peacock.]

The man in yellow was Jin Zixuan. Ready to draw his sword when another boat almost collided with them.

"Ah ah! Wei-Xiong, Jin-Xiong, please let not us fight here. You're blocking the water path."

"As long as this person stays away from me. Bring your entire clan when you move as far away. Take your sister with you."

[He's really really testing my temper isn't he?]

"You!-"

The rafts suddenly started to shake. They hurriedly looked down, where water ghouls sprung out the water. Wei Wuxian quickly unsheathed Suibian and started killing such beings attacking the civilians and fellow cultivators alike.

"Ah! Wei-Xiong! Help me!"

A water ghoul had come up Nie Huaisangs' boat.

[Should I use it? No... But!]

Wei Wuxian gritted his teeth as he accelerated his speed and picked Nie Huaisang up, bridal style. Leaping high enough in the air and landing Nie Huaisang down on the ground safely. Going back to help Jin Zixuan who was having trouble fighting the water ghouls. As much as he hates this peacock, he took his hand and lept with him in the air, giving him enough momento to land on the ground to save a lady who was being pulled to the water. Wanting to grab Chenqing, two more swords helped him. It was the twin jades, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji. Slowly the water ghouls went back into the water. Jiang Wanyin coming not long after he heard the commotion happening to see the chaos that happened in the water. Wei Wuxian landed next to Lan Xichen as and sheathing Suibian.

"Lan Xichen."

"Young Master Wei helped a lot. Thank you for holding them up until we came and for your help to save the civilians."

"It's nothing, really."

Jiang Wanyin ran to Wei Wuxian and held him by the shoulders.

"Are you okay?! Are you hurt?!"