Chapitre trente-sept.5 : Eau dure

Soon enough, the morning turned afternoon, then dusk. Their search for this location was unending and others soon grew tired. It was as irritating as it was for Wei Wuxian to worry about Lan Wangji, and to babysit Jiang Wanyin at the same time.

A loud "We found it! We found the entrance!" echoed through the forest. With Wen Chao leading them, they went down the cave. Some disciples gossiped to themselves.

"Let's hope the prey isn't difficult to catch." "This place is only about thirty feet wide. Whatever we're after turns violent, it'll be hard to escape."

They walked through the crooked and stony path until one Wen disciple spoke. "Young Master Wen, looks like this is as far as it goes."

Wen Chao pondered for a moment before smirking devilishly. "Have someone hung up and draw out their blood, that should lure the beast out."

His mistress, Wang LingJao giggled. "How about her?" She pointed at Luo Qingyang who was met with fear.

Her eyes widened as she ran towards other disciples in hopes of a shield. "H-Help me please!" She hid behind Lan Wangji and Jin Zixuan who were just next to each other. Both males decided to block her from their sight.

Wei Wuxian was willing to help, though Jiang Wanyin's gaze made it hard to move. It's annoying already to hear his tantrums about the sect, but being selfish with someone's protection was in Wei Wuxian's things of no no's.

Wei Wuxian did also ponder to himself. Why did Lan Wangji willingly throw himself to defend the lady?

"What are you doing?! Didn't you hear what I said?" Wen Chao angrily spat. "Or are you trying to play hero and save the damsel in distress?"

"Wasn't it enough to use us as human shields?!" Jin Zixuan shouted back. "Now you want us to act as bait too?!"

Wei Wuxian sighed. It was known Jin Zixuan was a quiet rich kid, but he does know how to run his mouth in the most worst of times.

"Who do you think you are?! Talking back to me like that?!" Wen Chao raised his hand and commanded the Wen soldiers to attack. "People like you deserves to be killed!"

One of Gusu Lan's trembling disciples decided to take the offer, grabbing the girl and already tying her up. "Ah!"

Lan Wangji's brows stiffened as he turned and grabbed the lady, pushing the shameful Lan disciple away. It was truly a shame to watch your own brethren act that way in order to survive.

Wen Chao angrily waved his hand. "How dare you?! Kill them!"

Wei Wuxian sighed, taking Zhūhóng Hua out. "Yep! Not going to happen." Wei Wuxian moved in lightning speed as he took Wen Chaos' swords, held him hostage and jumped to a floating rock above the waters.

Wen Chao was baffled with the sudden quick pace as his heart dropped in anxiety. "S-S-S-Save me!" Wei Wuxian smiled as he placed the sword below Wen Chaos' head, aiming at his pulse. "You said you wanted to draw blood right?"

"Those that abuse the authority of one's clan to bully others and do evil should get their heads chopped off and displayed in public as a warning to later generations." Wei Wuxian said with a con smile.

"W-What absurd, outrageous and pretentious words are you saying?!" Wen Chao cried out, causing Wei Wuxian to near the blade even more. "N-Nobody move!" Wen Chao panickily said as Wei Wuxian drew the blade closer with a dimmer smile.

"The absurd, outrageous and pretentious words I said were said by your own ancestor, Wen Mao... and you have the nerve to make us memories your book without knowing it's own contents."

The core melting hand, Wen Zhuiliu, took a step forward, followed by a cry from Wen Chao. "S-Stop! Stop moving!!" Wei Wuxian smiled. "Yeah! Stop moving or your master here gets it. If you're not careful, I may just decide to let Young Master Wen bleed after all-"

Wei Wuxian was cut off, his brows lifting in curiosity.  "Jiang Cheng, is there an earthquake?" The Jiang heir shook his head, angrily staring at Wei Wuxian. "There's nothing here! What's moving is that thing beneath you!"

"Oh-" Wei Wuxian smiled awkwardly as the beast beneath them rose. It clearly wasn't a friendly turtle who'd hide underneath it's shell.

It made it's way to the shore, gazing upon the tiny cultivators that needn't dare to move upon it's presence.