Chapitre vingt et un : Eau froide

Wei Wuxian was lead to the opening of the cold pond. He walked the stone path until he heard rushing waters. He silently walked towards the stone and started stripping his self. Leaving his trousers in place as he stepped inside the waters.

"Lan Zhan."

The other male moved his eyes to look at the one who just entered the cold waters. Wei Wuxian shivered as he held himself, scars exposed. Lan Wangji frowned as he saw every wound Wei Wuxian had in his body. It was scary to look at it. Wei Wuxian grinned as he moved closer to Lan Wangji.

"Your side seems a lot warmer, mind if I join you there?"

"Mn."

Lan Wangji moved a little to the side, letting Wei Wuxian stand near him.

"I'm sorry, for my uncle."

"No no, it's fine! I'm not mad at him."

"I'm sorry too, for my carelessness."

"Lan Zhan, you know I'm not mad at you right? I'll never have the guts to hate such a nice person."

"Shameless."

Wei Wuxian chuckled as he dipped himself more in the water.

"You're going home, aren't you?"

"I don't really know. That's something Fùqin and A-diē should think about. But if you asked me, I'd like to stay!"

Lan Wangjis' ears flushed red.

"Does your parents hate me now?"

"You?! Hahaha! They can't even bring a finger to slap you. They know you well."

Wei Wuxian walked over to Lan Wangji, only to slip on a rock and loose his balance. Lan Wangji cought Wei Wuxian by the waist as he pulled the young master to him. Wei Wuxian blushed as his body became paralyzed.

"Be careful."

Lan Wangji still didn't let go of him, not until the realization hit him. Wei Wuxian scurried away to the middle as he blushed.

"Uh, I'm sorry."

Lan Wangji looked away.

"It's fine."

"You're really such fu-"

At that moment, something pulled Wei Wuxian underneath.

"Wei Ying!"

Lan Wangji worried as he swam to the middle, only to be pulled along underwater. Their feet hit the ground as Wei Wuxian caught Lan Wangji in his arms, like a princess in other terms.

[Where did he get this arm strength?]

Wei Wuxian grinned as he placed Lan Wangji down.

"It's cold in here, let me get some robes."

Wei Wuxian reached inside the pocket of his trousers and grabbed a qiankun pouch. Inside were two red robes and two white ones. Wei Wuxian handed one of the white and one of the red to Lan Wangji who took it and wore it. Wei Wuxian doing the same. The red robes had gold accents to it. Lan Wangji glanced at Wei Wuxian who was tying the robes to himself, his wounds on the arms still exposed. This made Lan Wangji frown.

"Let's check the cave out."

"Mn."

They walked side by side until they saw a guqin laying on a stone in the end of the cave.

"What is a guqin doing there?"

At that moment, something hit Wei Wuxian. Making the young master double over but not Lan Wangji.