Chapitre trente-six : Damnés avec ces règles

Wei Wuxian sat inside his room in Paradise Manor, Hua Cheng entered the room. "Healing?" He spoked softly to the boy.

"A... A-diē..." Hua Cheng frowned. "Beating yourself up? What happened?"

Wei Wuxian exhaled, fingers fiddling with each other. "It's just nothing. You know that I'm going to an indoctrination right?" Hua Cheng hummed in confirmation.

He walked towards the food of his bed, sitting close to him. Wei Wuxian turned towards him with a smile. "Gut feeling."

Hua Cheng placed his hand on Wei Wuxian's forehead. "If you feel unsafe, stay as if." "I can't let Jiang Cheng go alone." the boy protested.

Hua Cheng's eyes lowered. "You're not obligated to, Healing you aren't even their son-"

"A-diē..." Wei Wuxian whined out, turning to his father's side. Hua Cheng placed his hand on Wei Wuxians' shoulder, frowning upon the boy.. "Healing, keep your jade with you, okay? So when you're in trouble... It will signal us to come okay?"

Wei Wuxian smiled with his brows furrowed, hugging his father's waist. "... I will, always."

Hua Cheng leaned down, planting a kiss on his forehead. "Then you should rest. Rest well, healing." Wei Wuxian nodded, letting his father go. "I'll see you after the indoctrination, A-diē..."

"Mhm." Hua Cheng stood up and walked out of the room, with a jade pendant dangling from his back belt. Wei Wuxian tied it on him.

"I'm sorry, A-diē..." He apologized with a lone tear of guilt falling from his eye.

____________________

The Next day, Jiang Wanyin and Wei Wuxian stood in one line. "Remember what A-niáng told you. Don't bring shame to our Sect." Wei Wuxian waved his hand with a sly smile. "I won't, I won't." Jiang Wanyin sighed as he looked away.

"Alright everyone listen up!" Everyone looked up at the flight of stairs, where Wen Chao stood. Wei Wuxian was in the lead for the Jiang disciples. The Sects formed a line according to their respective sects.

"Since you're all in Qishan! You shall follow the Qishan rules." Wei Wuxian had his hand in his shoulder, face with outmost disinterest. "During the indoctrination, no one is allowed to carry weapons personally."

"WHAT?!"

A disciple from the Nie Sect argued. Wen Chao waved his hand. "If you do not wish to disturb his excellency."

"A cultivator stands with their swords! It's their honor! I refuse!" He continued to protest along with other disciples.

"Who just spoke?" Wen Chao tapped his fingers. "There is a reason why his excellency agreed upon this indoctrination. If your manners aren't corrected early on..." Wen Chao sneered. "Your cores shall be melted or you shall be executed within Qishan grounds."

Wei Wuxian inhaled sharply. This was clear flummery.

"Confiscate their swords!" Wen disciples started collecting the swords as some of the cultivators protested yet they had to give in. Wei Wuxian eyed the Lan disciple who wanted to disagree but he ended up giving his sword. He didn't even bother looking at him ever since this whole fantasia started.

He whispered lowly, hand to his heart. "Lan Zhan..."This earned a jab from Jiang Wanyin, causing Wei Wuxian to look forward.

"Let me make this clear for you again! If any of you disobey my orders ever again, I shall show no mercy." Wen Chao raised his hand. "Here are books for everyone. The Quintessence of the Wen Clan. It is a collection of proverbs and glories from clan leaders and famed glories of the Wen Clan. Everyone of you needs to memories each word by heart. I will ask someone to recite every sunrise, midday and dusk from now on."