"Heroic"

Day 2, Heroic
Notes: Memorial Au, Rainbow Quest Aftermath, A year after Sabre goes into the loop.

I woke up at my desk again. Papers covered in the desk of things I need to do. I must have fallen asleep again. I told myself that I would get all my work done today, but I couldn't. No matter how far I press forward my mind is still stuck to that day. A day...
I got up from my chair. Looking at all the paper that shattered from when I fell asleep on them. I pick them up and put them all into one pile. I'll deal with them later. I took a look in the mirror in my office. I still had my captain of the colorless guard armor on. My helmet was about to fall off, but I quickly adjusted it. I looked out the window to see it was dark out. No stars or moonlight could be seen as rain clouds made the sky black as rain slowly trickled down from the sky. No thunder could be heard. Just rain.
I looked at the clock that clicked quietly above the only door in and out of his place to see it was around three am. Guess it's safe to say happy anniversary. A year without Sabre. One of the few close friends to him rather than the leaders. Me Light Steve. I knew I wouldn't be able to go to sleep now, I guess I could work on the memorial before anything else.
I gathered the last things I needed. Torches, Lanterns, and wire. The last thing I needed to do was to finish the memorial for everyone. Not just a small little thing for Sabre and Rainbow. I grabbed my cloak to help protect me from the rain as I left my office. My office is in the orange kingdom, but we have large houses for each of the guards in the four kingdoms.
I made my way out of the house, being careful not to wake up any Guard who were asleep and get past the ones who were keeping guard for the night. If they saw that I was awake they would force me back to bed. It is understandable, but I don't need to sleep right now. I finally got outside feeling the rain on my back. I pulled my hood further over my face to protect myself from the rain. I have to get out of the town first before I can teleport. I don't need anyone to hear my lighting and think there's an attack on the town. It took me a while to get a safe distance away. All the lights were out and it was hard to see anything. I I had to be careful to make sure I didn't lose my footing. Soon I was out of the town and in the forest nearby. I should be far enough away.
I teleported to my destination in a ray of lighting and found myself in front of the Rainbow Citadel. Instead of it being in ruins like it was a year ago. It was completely rebuilt. Rebuilt by me and me alone. I quickly went inside to get out of the rain, shaking a bit from the cold. I took out a torch that was dry and lit it. It lights up the main room. A staircase leading up in the center of the room with halls of all seven colors. On each of the walls names were written of each steve from the first, second, third, and fourth attack of the darkness. The ones who lost their lives. Some walls had more names than others. In front of each wall was room for candles, flowers, and gifts that could be placed.
I went ahead and started to hang lanterns around the walls and placed torches on the staircase to light up the room fully. It took me about an hour to finish and once I did I left a flower for each wall of color to show respect to every single Steve. I went up the stairs to the second floor, it being just as dark as the first floor was moments before. I started to light up the room to see how I setted up the second memorial. There were four spaces, one for Time, another for Elemental, one for Galaxy and the last for Dark Steve. It took me a long time to get one for Dark since I didn't know if others wanted to respect him... If I wanted to respect him. I hanged the laters remembering how I made each area respectful to what they were a theme of what they are around them. A small book stands in front of each of them stating the heroic deeds that they have done. Some deeds are less known than others. Once I finished lighting up the room I checked over all the details of cornoners. Elemental's corner had a statue of him with a nature theme in his corner, Time had a statue of himself too with a clock theme in his corner, It repeats with Galaxy and Dark Steve. All of them with the pace for flowers, candles, and gifts.
I placed a flower in all but one of the statues. I just couldn't bring myself to leave anything for Dark Steve so I just gave his memorial a simple nod making my way back up again with a yawn. Two more floors to go.
When I got to the third floor there was room for seven, but only six spots were filled. There was a place for our creator Origin Steve, A place for each of the four Rainbow Steves, Blue, Red, Orange, and me.. Light. Each place has a statue and a bookstand, but none of them have a certain theme behind them. I kept the design of the meeting room to remember that this place used to stand the Rainbow Kingdom. I do the lighting once again thinking a lot of Orange Steve before and after he became Rainbow... I miss him... Once the lighting was done I went to the stand that had colorless guard armor on it, on for the training guards, the official guards, and the elite guards with names of only the coloress guards who have died or the few that have retired. I made sure all the names were right before leaving a flower to each place and going to the last floor I added. It was the smallest floor, but has the most remembrance to mee.
The room was for Sabre. It had a statue of him and a book listing all the things he did for the steves. The room was mostly made of glass so you could see how high up this citadel was making it a bit hard for the states who have a fear of height to come up here. It felt nice though because Sabre really did like being on the rooftops of the citadel. I will never know why though. The rain has stopped from outside which was nice, and I had no need to put any lights in here. I had no other reason to come up here rather than to mourn and remember Sabre. He got the worst ending out of all of us... so I wanted him to be the best... especially if he does come back... I can't help but hope he will return even though it's impossible.
I put a white lily on the foot of his statue and lowered my head thinking og the memories that we had. I wish I could have been a better friend when he was infected by the darkness... There would have been a lot I would have done differently if I knew this was how his story was going to end. How I would be the last one standing out of all of the friends he made in the beginning of his story here.
I kept my head low and tried to think of what he would have done now. I took a year to build this place... to make the steves happy like he would have wanted, but what's next for me now? What road do I need to take now as Light Steve? I wish he was here to tell me himself.
The sun rose and I closed my eyes tighter from how strong the sunlight was. I stood up and opened my eyes using my hand to cover my face. The sun was rising and the clouds around us had faded from the rain. Making the sunrise that much more beautiful. I stared at it for a while watching it rise. I felt a sense of peace as I watched. I looked back at the statue of Sabre. I got my answer and went down to the bottom of the Citadel. I heard Lighting outside as I got to the bottom of the citadel. I pulled my sword out and went outside to see the Orange Leader and a few colorless guards. They found out I left by the looks of it,
"Light Steve! What were you doing-" The Orange Leader said and then looked at the Citadel. The colorless guards surrounded me and were speaking nonsense asking if I was okay or not. I sighed in frustration and tiredness.
"I'm alright, just tired." I told them to help them relax. Saldy that didn't help and one of the guards got mad at me for not being asleep. The Orange Leader comes back over to me.
"You did all of this?" He asked me. I nodded.
"It took me about a year to rebuild and get all the supplies, but I thought this would be-" He hugged me tightly and I flinched in surprise. I slowly hugged him back.
"I'll tell the leaders what you did, for now you need to sleep." The Orange leader tells me.
"Alright Alright... Guards, let's go back." I told the guards. We teleported away. I went to bed back in my office, the guards making sure I actually went to bed. I guess for now all I can do is wait for Sabre to come back. Even if he never comes back I will still wait for him. I'll wait for him to get out of the loop so he can see everything he has done for us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 1736) Yes I know I am behind, I am working on prompt 3 right now and I hope that I can finish prompt 4 by tonight- that is my goal-
I have a really hard time writing in the weekends-
AllyC45