"Void"

Day 19, Void

Notes: Sabre is trapped in his own mind from the darkness but this time he gets a visitor. Light Steve who can take people who aren't fully lost to the darkness out of it.

Shadow Sabre has been gone for a while. I have been stuck in this dark void for a while now. Alone with the thoughts of my failure of the Steves. How I have left them and lost myself to this dark place all from one death.... The death of Rainbow Steve. A death that stains my hand with his orange blood.

Shadow Sabre comes back and forward saying hi to me and mankind sure my mind stays with the darkness. He doesn't need to. I don't plan on Leaving anytime soon.

Lighting was summoned not too far from where I was at. I didn't bother to look up. I knew who it was. I kept my head low looking at the dark floor below me. I can't help but wonder what he was going to say today?

"Sabre?... Is that you?" That wasn't Shadow Sabre's voice. I looked up slightly to see Light Steve. He didn't look like he normally did. He seemed to have a glow around himself and seemed like a ghost.

"Light?... What are you doing?" I asked, getting off the cold ground.

"I can't believe this is working! Sabre! Take my hand and I can get you out of here!" He says quickly and comes over to me. I quickly back away from him. I was scared of him being here...

"You should go Light." I told him simply.

"Sabre? What are you talking about." He tried to touch my face but I slapped his wrist.

"Light just goes!" I said a bit angrily at him. He seems a bit hurt by my actions.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I stayed quiet. "Sabre?... I..." He pauses trying to form words without knowing the answer to his question. He doesn't come closer to me.

"I'm sorry about Rainbow... I know his death hit you hard, but I didn't expect that to make you fall to the darkness. Someone who he believes could never get infected by it..." He assumed. I was surprised about how accurate he was.

"How do you know that?" I asked him.

"We have been learning about the darkness since you have gone away. It's more of the mind and heart becoming weak." Light comes closer to me this time I don't back away. He hugged me tightly and I felt my body tense up, but quickly relaxed after a few moments. Light didn't let go of me and continued to hug me through the silence around me.

I felt some of the darkness in my mind leave me. It was enough for Light to take me back into the Steve world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Words 463)