"Harvest"

Day 28, Harvest

Notes: Just some ship stuff for Time and Sabre- Time wants to practice his art skills by drawing Sabre as he harvests from their garden so Time can do more cooking.

The only way to get Sabre to take a break is by making him do something simple it feels like. He has refused to do anything but prepare for the darkness coming back. He trains day and night and usually skips meals with me and Dark because he was trying to figure things out. So I got him to do something while Dark tries to get some sleep potions from the steves in this village.

I got Sabre to do some gardening for me and I was keeping an eye on him from the window. I was trying to draw the beautiful lake and scenery around me to practice. I couldn't get it right though. Something was always wrong. The birds I drew. The trees. The ripples in the lake. All of it seemed wrong. I had a few papers scattered on the floor from my small fits of rage I would get when the sketch wasn't done quite right. I looked back at Sabre who was now gathering the wheat in the garden. The most difficult thing to harvest in my opinion.

I watched as he used a scythe to gather all the wheat. Making sure he cut low enough so none of it would be left behind. I moved my hand as I watched him. My pencil slowly moved across the page as I watched him work. His strength showed in each swing as he finished collecting the wheat. He didn't seem that drained from cutting it and moved on to each of the other foods in the garden. From the Cocoa beans to the beets he made sure everything was picked and cleaned. His sweat clinged to his clothes showing off his muscular body. I felt my face heat up as I continued to watch him. After he was done he grabbed some brackets of what he just got from the garden and sorted what he got. I looked down at the page to see I drew Sabre. A sketch that seems about perfect.

I smiled a bit and signed the picture with my signature really quickly. I folded it neatly and put it in a hidden pocket in my cloak. I looked back at the Window to see Sabre went inside. I went downstairs to meet him. Keeping the drawing and the small memory I have of him close to my heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 432)