"Predator"

Day 3, Predator
Notes: Rainbow Quest Au, Demon infection instead of Darkness infection. Now Demon Sabre exists. Sabre got turned by protecting Rainbow Steve from the infection. Light and Rainbow are focusing M and Prof Red find a cure and try to cure Sabre first. If it works on him it will work for everyone else. Demons have been weakened enough to not erase memories or a person at this point.

My heart raced as I hid from the person hunting me down. I clutched the bottle of the mysterious liquid in my hand. I'm so close and so far from the Red Village. I glanced behind the tree I was hiding behind to see The demonic Sabre behind me. Unlike the other steves who get infected who just completely turn demonic with the demon skins and occasionally the horns, Sabre did not change like that.
From what I heard rumors about Sabre screamed in agony and pain when he got the infection. It wasn't slow like the others who take weeks to fully turn, He turned in a second. He wasn't fully covered in the demonic steves skin, but seemed to spiral around him not being able to fully take control of him. He grew these wings filled with holes and tears that make a trail of blood wherever he goes. He grew the largest horns of all the infected steves and a tail. Similar to the original demonic steves who only have the horns and tail. Looking at him now I can tell that all of it was true.
His clothes were torn as well as his blindfold that still covered his eyes. His skin and body that wasn't covered in the demonic infection was red and blistered like it was burned. He moved around slowly limping in pain, panting like a dog who was worn and tired. Sometimes I can hear a small whimper in pain escape his lips. It was sad to see such an amazing hero suffer like this.
Rainbow and Light have been trying to stop all infections so their friends' sacrifice wouldn't go in vain. I want to help bring their friend back and with the help of my friend the Red Professor. All he needs is this bottle and he will have a cure that he can replicate over and over again to save all the steves who have been infected. Hopefully it can save Sabre as well.
I got what he needed. Some oil from a glow squid. It's ink sack is still in the bottle as it slowly fills with its glowing blue ink. It's all we need and I happened ro run into Sabre the moment I got it. From what I have heard from the steves. He is now a killing machine. If he finds you, death will only follow.
I can only hope he will go away now so I can hurry to the lab. My dark brown cloak still hides my identity as a Red Steve. It's making me hot and sweaty, but right now it keeps me camouflaged with the tree. I heard footsteps come my way. I covered my mouth with my free hand and closed my eyes shut as I could hear Sabre's breath grow louder and louder like a wolf hunting for its prey. I heard him growl. It was low and quiet but at the same time so loud like he was next to my head.
He soon stepped away from me and his footsteps grew fainter and fainter as we walked away from my hiding spot. I waited till I couldn't hear a thing and I started to run. I knew he would notice me if I even started to walk away so running is a better option. I need to get to the lab before he gets me. If he does this will be over since no other Steve is willing to leave the village like me and Prof can't leave himself without causing suspicion to the leader. Already he is getting suspicious about my long outings. After a minute of running I could hear Sabre running behind me. It sounded like he was running faster than I was. I really wish I could teleport but this forest is too thick with trees and leaves for me to do so.
I suddenly felt a bursting pain through my arm and I was shot off the ground and into a tree as a fireball hit my back. I quickly staggered to get up to see that Sabre was right behind me. His face filled with rage. I went back to running as quickly as I could trying to get back to the steve village. I had no other choice but to go there now. I continued to run my lungs burning with pain. I had just a little bit longer before I got to my house. I just need to keep moving. I couldn't pick up my pace anymore so I kept running with Sabre close behind my trail. I could see my house now and it filled me with hope. I was almost there and from there I could teleport to the kingdom and he won't be able to follow me.
Right as I got out of the trees I was pinned to the ground by Sabre putting my stomach. I quickly flipped over to my back as he growled at me angry. His hand on my chest started to burn me and I screamed in pain from the immense heat. His other hand on my arm stayed unlit through. He looked at me in the eyes, at least I presume he is as his face slowly moved closer to mine. I closed my eyes shut waiting for death to take me, but instead I was met with words.
"I can't... control... take...." He spoke in pain as his grip on me lossend. I quickly got off the ground and got ready to teleport away, but he didn't get up. He stayed on the ground shaking in pain. He spoke again.
"Dropped.... Take..." I looked at one of his hands to see the bottle I must have dropped when he hit me with a fireball. I grabbed it quickly and backed up getting ready to teleport when he spoke again.
"Please... Help..." His voice shook as he said his words. He was in so much pain. I wanted to help, but there's nothing that I can do until I get this to the Professor. I looked at him and saw tears streaming down his blindfold.
"I'll get you help I promise." I told Sabre. He must be desperate if he is asking for help from a cloaked stranger. I quickly teleport in front of the lab and rush inside going down the staircase.
"Professor! Professor Red!" I called out to him in a rush. I soon saw him talking to The Red Leader. I put my hood down and hid the bottle behind my back.
"Red Apprentice where have you been?" The Red leader asked me in a serious tone.
"I was cooking some fish. Trying the Professor's cooking recipe. I wanted to tell him how great it was!" I quickly made up. The Red Leader sighed and put a hand on my head.
"I'm glad you are trying new things, but you smell like smoke. You should wash up." He says. I nod in agreement in hope that he doesn't notice my injuries,
"Thank you Red Aprentience. I'm happy you liked it." The Professor said to go along with my lie.
"I'll need you in an hour alright? Please be cleaned up by then." The Red Leader said as he walked away. We both say nothing until the door closes.
"Did you get it?" The Professor asked. I nodded and handed him the bottle,
"Yes, but hurry. There is an infected demon by my house." I told him in a rush.
"Perfect! A subject! Just give me a minute." He runs off while I wait for him to come back holding my chest in pain from running for so long and when Sabre burned me. I took this time to catch my breath. I really hope Sabre stays where he is at. Soon the Professor was done and handed three bottles in hand of the cure.
"You made three?" I asked.
"Yup! I'll have my friend copy and make the rest once we know this works." He said and I was a bit confused. Me and the Leader are his only friends. Before I could ask who he dragged me outside. I followed him outside and he teleported us to my home. I quickly looked around to see That Sabre was still here, this time he was standing and was walking around the small pond at my house.
"That's not a steve-" The Professor said, causing Sabre to jerk his head to our direction.
"Throw the potion!" I told him, he was hesitant as Sabre ran at us.
"Alright! But I'll need a real steve to test on later." He said as he threw the potion bottle at Sabre's face. It hit it's mark and shattered, A blue liquid covered him completely. And he collapsed to the ground. We just waited and watched.
Soon the demon-like body parts on Sabre faded away. His infected skin turned back to normal but his burnt skin didn't change. Once all the blue liquid disappeared Sabre was back to normal. I sighed with relief.
"You can't be seen, Professor. I'll take Sabre back to his friends while he is unconscious. I'll find you a demon to test it on, I promise." I told him. He seems satisfied by how Sabre turned back to normal and walked away. I put my hood back over my face and picked him up from the ground. I took him home back to Light and Rainbow Steve.
They had their guard up when I saw them, but when they saw Sabre they lowered it. I simply put Sabre on the ground and ran off. This will be the start of the end. The end of the Demon Steves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 1620) AND DAY 3! Whooooo! One more to go and hopefully I will get it done tonight. If not it will be done by tomorrow
AllyC45