"Vacant"

Day 14, Vacant

Notes: The empty red leader chair in a meeting. In the Blue leader's perspective.

As the meeting went on my eyes couldn't move from the empty chair in the citadel. All eight seats, but one was filled. Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet, White. Each seat is filled, but the Red chair has remained empty. It gives me this sense of incompetence. How very Steve expect the Red Steve's are here in this town, even with an empty space in the rainbow kingdom for them, but still they remain empty.

    Everyone else believes it's because they are extinct, but all of us Blue Steves know better. It's rare but on occasion we get a new Red Steve in the world Beyond. It's proof that they are alive, but we do not speak of those in the great beyond so we can not say if they are alive or not.

    My mind was wandering from the meeting about food supply and expansion of the kingdom. All I could really think about is the empty chair in this room. How wrong it felt to pretend that the red leader was here. It feels wrong, but at the same time it brings a sense of respect.

    My thoughts wandered back to the meeting when Sabre spoke. I don't know why he got me out of my thoughts, but he did. I looked at him. He was simply giving some suggestions with expansion. It's so strange. He knows so much about us, and yet we know very little about him. He has ideas that are far beyond us, but they seem to work.

    As he talked about what we could do my head started to throb. I knew what was coming. A Vision. It's rare for us Blue Steves to get a vision of any more, It's more common in the red steves, specifically in the Red Leaders, but it isn't uncommon for us. Well uncommon if you compare us to the Red Steves. I don't fight it and close my eyes letting the vision take me.

    It was Sabre who triggered it. So I wasn't surprised when I saw him. He was talking to a steve. A red steve who wore a brown cloak. I couldn't hear what they were saying. The scene changed again with a Red Steve who wore a leader's hat and jacket talking to another Red Steve in a white cloak with orange and black goggles. The scene changed once more to see the first red steve now wearing the hat and cloak I saw in the second red steve, He was talking to many other red steves. The vision faded and I opened my eyes once again looking again at the vacant chair.

    "Blue Leader?" I looked over to see the Indigo leader was looking at me. I nodded. "Are you sure? You didn't look so good." Indigo whispered to me.

    "I'm sure." I whispered back to him. He nods and looks back at Sabre who just finished speaking. Giving anyone else a chance to speak their ideas. I thought about what I just saw and if I should speak. I looked at the Vacant chair one more time and chose to say nothing. It is up to Sabre to bring them back. Not me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Words 552)