La Push

Another three weeks flew by quickly. It was lunch time and my sister and I grabbed our trays and took them to our usual table.    

"Hey! La Push, baby. You in?" Eric asked sending me a wink.

    "Should we know what that means?" Bella asked curiously.

    "He's talking about La Push beach. On the Reservation, Bells. I'm up for it." I smirked and received a high five from Jess and Mike.

    "Yeah, we are all going tomorrow." Mike says.

    "There's a big swell coming in." Jess grinned happily.

    "And I don't just surf the internet." Eric stood up and pretended to surf, with Mike following suit.

    "Eric, you stood up once, and it was on a foam board." Jessica remarked to him.

    "Yeah, but there's whale watching, too. Come with us." Angela begged Bella as she was the only one who hadn't agreed yet.

    "La Push, baby. It's La Push." Eric smirked while acting all cool.

    "Okay, I'll go if you stop saying that, okay?" Bella agreed while making us all laugh.

    "Seriously, dude. It's creepy man." Mike told Eric. They gave each other playful glares.

Bella left the table and talked to Edward, for the first time in weeks, again. Besides the occasional stuff needed during class. After lunch I manage to bump into who else other than, Emmett.

    "Hey, so are you free tonight?" He grinned widely at me.

    "Hmm, I might have to move things around... Kidding. Yeah I'm not doing anything."

    "Great, meet me in the parking lot after school." He wiggled his eyebrows and rushed off. I shook my head and giggled.

Later after school Emmett met me in the parking lot, just like he said.

    "Hey. Are you ready to go?" He asked with that special smirk.

    "Yep." I nodded.

    "Alright, come on." He laughed and intertwined our fingers before pulling me along to his Jeep. Our first time holding hands.

Emmett held open the passenger side door for me and helped me in. Given the Jeep was a bit lifted and I'm kinda short. He jumped happily into the drivers seat and whipped us out of the parking lot. We drove for a little while, before he stopped along a tree line.

    "Hope you don't mind a little bit of a walk through the woods." Emmett said while he grabbed a basket from the trunk.

Emmett stopped and held out his hand, grinning from ear to ear. I interlocked our fingers again and I grinned at him. This was the most contact we've ever held. I had to say I was pleasantly surprised. We walked for a while before coming across a empty field with lots of soon to be budding flowers. But the best part was the small waterfall that laid at the end of the clearing.

    "Oh, Emmett..." I told him breathlessly. "This is... beautiful." I looked around the clearing, enjoying the scenery.

    "Yeah, it is." He said and I turned to see him staring at me with a titled head and a goofy grin. Somehow he had set up a full picnic with small candles that were lit.

    "Emmett..." I blushed a deep red. I could definitely tell because of how hot my face had gotten.

    "I don't think I could ever get over seeing that." He chuckled and got closer to me, tucking my hair behind my ear.