Gone

Emmett's POV
I left her safely at her house, but I lied to her. I knew she could tell something was wrong. She's good at that. There's a family meeting tonight. Edward had called for it. I had a feeling I knew what he was going to say. But I could only hope that I'm wrong. I'll fight for her with every last breath of my being...

(Y/n)'s POV
The next day, Bella and I went to school. Only to be greeted by the ever surrounding loneliness that occurred when the Cullen's weren't there. Any other time it'd be bearable because we knew they were coming back. But this time a strange heaviness was in the air. It was suffocating. Both Bella and I could feel it. Of course, Bella was only blaming herself, though it was no one's fault really. No one could have predicted she'd cut herself on present paper in a room full of vampires. We'll except maybe Alice, but that's besides the point.

At lunch they still weren't there. We sat with our other friend's this time instead of sitting at The Cullen table. Emmett wasn't in study hall and I sat alone doing my homework. I tried texting him, but I got no response, which worried me. He always answered me. I couldn't help but start to think the worst. Class finished and Bella and I went home. Of course, when we got there, both of our faces lit up too see our men standing outside the house waiting. We climbed out of the truck, only to have our smiles fall. I could definitely tell something was wrong.

The heavy air surrounded them completely. Bella walked to Edward who took her into the woods. I walked slowly towards Emmett. He had a cold look on his face. Something I'd never seen in my entire time of knowing him. He was always happy, always laughing, joking and smiling. This wasn't my Emmett. We stood stiffly by the wooden tree line.

    "We need to talk." He said coldly. I raised an eyebrow at him.

    "Well those are certainly words no girl ever wants to hear from her boyfriend's mouth." I laughed lightly to lighten the mood, but his expression didn't change. I cleared my throat. "Okay... So what do you want to talk about?"

    "We have to leave Forks." He said simply. Oh thank god, I thought it was going to be something bad. I let out a deep exhale.

    "Jesus, I thought it was going to be something bad. But can you tell me why?" I crossed my arms.

    "Carlisle is supposed to be ten year's older than he looks, and people are starting to notice." He spoke and his expression still didn't change.

    "Okay?" I looked at him curiously. "There's something else you're not telling me." I furrowed my eyebrows. "When you say 'We'. You don't mean we... do you?" I gestured between us.

He shook his head, and for a brief moment I could see the emotion back in his eyes. It was almost sad. I stepped forward to reach out for him like I usually do, but he took a step back. My heart broke in that moment. I stepped backward's again leaving more distance then before between us.

    "It's just my family and myself. Edward is telling Bella the same thing." He said.

    "I guess, I'm a little confused. What happened last night had nothing to do with us. I'm assuming here and correct me if I'm wrong. But you're trying to break up with me, over Carlisle not looking his age... When that hasn't been a factor till suddenly? You do know they do have such a thing known as long distance relationships, right." I told him bitterly and argumentatively.

    "You're right. But we aren't coming back. And last night was just an example of what could happen. I've put you in harm's way long enough. It's also not safe for my family to be around you. I realize now how reckless I've been up until now." Emmett couldn't even look at me as he spoke...

    "You don't mean that." I said firmly. I watched his face and there was no change. "I love you and you love me. At least I thought you did..." I said sadly. Still no reaction from him.