The Hospital and Prom

Emmett's POV
Carlisle convinced me to suck the venom out. As soon as my mouth touched her wrist, it's the sweetest sensation I've ever tasted in my entire life. Slowly I could see her body start to calm down. Eventually she laid still and her perfect (Y/e/c) eye's closed.

    "Emmett, you've got to stop. You're killing her. Find the will son." Carlisle put a hand on my shoulder. I looked down at my girl. I'm her knight in shining armor. I can't kill her. I have to pull away. I chanted to myself.

After a few seconds of internal struggle. I managed to release my grip on her skin. God, her perfectly pale skin. It's littered with bruises and cuts. I could sense people around me speaking, but I couldn't bring myself to focus on anyone else but her. I scooped her up in my arms gently, avoiding moving her shattered arm to much. I carried her into the car and we speed off toward's the hospital with the okay of Carlisle. Bella and myself in the back seat. Cradling her fragile body.

    "She's going to be okay. Emmett." I felt Edwards's eyes on me. I looked over at him and saw him smiling softly at me through the rear view. "You saved her life."

I thought about those words over and over in my head as we drove to the hospital. Did I? I wasn't even there for her. I promised myself I'd always be there to save her. This time was just to close of a call. Sure I could have been selfish and just let her change. I'd never have to worry about her getting hurt ever again. But it wasn't what she wanted. She told me she didn't think being a vampire was for her. She told me several time's, she liked being human. Maybe one day we could talk about it again, but for now she liked being Human. I like Humany, (Y/n). No, no, I love Humany, (Y/n) and I can't live without her. I don't think I could ever bring myself to leave her side again.

I reassured myself over and over that I made the right decision. As I sat in room 213 at her beside, holding her delicate, fragile, non-broken hand. Of course, we had to come up with some bullshit story to tell the doctor's. Bella agreed to say they got into a fight over leaving Forks. (Y/n) tried to convince her to go back. They ended up arguing on a set of stairs at a motel and accidently crashed down the stairs and that's how they both got their injuries.

Bella and Edward, of course, called Renee and Charlie. They were due to meet us here today. A brunette woman who resembled (Y/n) a bit, ran panicked into the room. She looked at the bed with (Y/n), in it. Her familiar (Y/e/c) eye's gave off the look of devastation. Her eyes met mine and I prepared for the worst. For not protecting her good enough, to be told I wasn't good enough for her daughter.

    "Hi, You must be Renee... (Y/n)'s Mom. I'm..." Before I could even finish, Renee engulfed me in a hug.

    "Emmett, yes. God, it's so nice to meet you. Despite's the circumstances of course. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you." She said with tears flowing from her eyes.

    "Sorry, for what?" I asked her a bit confused as she pulled away.

    "For loving and caring for my daughter. She has spoken so highly of you. Thank you for always coming to her rescue. Thank you for being here for her through this. For not leaving her side." She patted my cheek lovingly. "I'm here now. I can take over. You go for a walk, get some rest, eat. Whatever you need. You've done so much for her already."

    "Oh... Actually. If it's all right with you Mrs. Swan..."

    "Please call me, Renee." She smiled brightly after interrupting me.

    "Renee, then. If it's all right with you. I'd like to stay with her. I won't get in the way or anything I promise. I'll just sit on the couch and rest my eyes over there." She glanced at me with curiosity, before a smile came to her face once again. Her smile reminded me of (Y/n).