Gifted

We walked inside and I could smell a sweet scent. It wasn't something that made me want to eat or anything like that but something that compelled me to want to protect it, to love and cherish it forever. We made it to the living room and the entire family was gathered around. They were all huddled together looking at what I could only assume was my daughter.

    "Welcome to the family." Esme said as we entered the room. Everyone turned and smiled at me.

    "You look amazing, (Y/n)." Alice complimented me.

    "Oh, I'm so glad that you're back now." Bella chuckled embracing me quickly and I laughed with her.

    "Someone's been waiting to meet you." Carlisle said and I nodded anxiously.

Jacob, Henry, Edward, and Rose were bundled together in a tight knit circle.

    "Here comes your Mom." Edward leaned forward whispered into Rosalie's arm's and I grinned at him.

    "Rose." Emmett said making her finally turning around.

I gazed at the beautiful baby girl in her arms. She looked back at me with a wide smile and bright (Y/e/c) eyes. She made little gurgling sounds and cooing noises at me. Her little hands reached for me and Rosalie bought her closer. I took her into my arms amazed and yet confused. But, I didn't let my face show it. She laid down in my arms as I cradled her and she reached up for my cheek, lightly placing her small hand on it.

Images flashed in my mind. My hand from the inside of my belly point of view, my voice telling her I'd love her and protect her always, her first time seeing my sickly face looking down at her while on the table, telling her she was beautiful. I smiled in amazement as she removed her hand from my face.

    "What was that?" I asked without looking away from her.

    "She showed you the first memories she has of you." Edward answered.   

    "Showed me? How?" I asked.

    "She's gifted, she can show you images in your mind and she can talk to you that way too. It's like how Edward hears thoughts, Alice has visions, and Jasper can control moods." Emmett explained wrapping an arm around my waist.

    "I've only been out for how long?" I asked curiously looking around.

    "Three days." Carlisle answered. "Her growth rate is... unprecedented." I looked from Carlisle's worry ridden face and back to Emalie's smiling one. I smiled back at her, though hiding my pain.

    "Oh, Carlisle. There's something we need to talk to you about..." Emmett started to say before he was cut off.

Jacob pushed his way forward and reached out for Emalie.

    "All right. That's enough experimenting for one day." Jacob said trying to take her from my arms and I pulled back giving him a scowl.

    "Jacob, she's doing great." Emmett frowned at him.

    "Yeah. But, let's not push it, shall we?" Jake tried to take her again and I glared at him moving away once more.

    "I don't know what your problem is, but I have no urge to hurt her. I am, however, getting one to hurt you, if you don't stop trying to take my daughter from my hands." I growled.

    "Oh, please. Do enlighten her, Jacob." Rosalie said in a condescending tone.

    "This should be good." Henry smirked.

    "Tell me what?" I looked around, getting the feeling of everyone else knowing something I don't.

    "Hold on a second." Emmett carefully took Emalie from my hands and passed her back to Bella and Edward.