The Stranger

3rd person POV
A stranger unknown as of yet to the Cullen's, the Swan's, or the Quileute pack came to Fork's. The man entered silently into the Swan residence heading straight for the girl's rooms. He slunk into (Y/n)'s room first peering around, gently touching the dream catcher that laid hanging above her bed. He grabbed a purple and black plaid flannel from off her desk chair, pressing it to his nostrils inhaling deeply, the lingering scent. He pocketed the shirt and made his way across the hall into Bella's room.

He searched around in there, finding a red blouse laid neatly on a chest. Sniffing the shirt as well, finding it acceptable, he put it away with the other. He skulked back down the stairs silently walking into the room, to find a unsuspecting Charlie Swan.

Charlie, exhausted from working so hard, had fallen asleep looking over case files on the couch. The stranger leaned over him breathing in the air around him.

Bella and (Y/n) walked into the house at that moment.

(Y/n)'s POV
I called Bella to pick me up. She met us at the treaty line in the truck and I left with her to go home. I told her about what happened and she was not happy. I wasn't ready to face Emmett yet so I had called her instead. She told me how worried he was the entire time and I felt pretty terrible.

We made it home and walked into the dark house, closing the door behind us. We turned around after turning on a light to be met with our Dad walking around the corner of the living room entryway.

"You know, Emmett and Edward could at least respect meal times." He pointed out.

"Oh, sorry Dad. I went to Angela's after school and (Y/n) went to Jake's. I had to go pick her up. We didn't mean to come back so late." Bella explained.

"Sorry, Dad. We forgot to call." I added.

"Oh. Okay. Good. That's fine." He said surprised. There was a sudden knock at the door. Bella and I both looked at it. Then back at our father. "I'll just give you some privacy, then..." He went off to bed.

I opened up the door to be met with Emmett's frantic face.

"Hi." I said simply.

"Do you understand how worried I've been?"

"I was perfectly safe..."

"I almost broke the treaty to make sure..." Emmett's nose twitched as he paused talking.

"I know, I smell like a dog. Sorry." I began to shrug off my jacket. Bella helping me out and hanging it on the hook.

"No, no. Something's wrong." He said quickly.

Emmett walked straight up the stairs without another word. Bella and I looked to each other confused and worried. We quickly and quietly walked up after him. He entered my room and looked around before placing his hand gently on my dream catcher. I looked at him worried and concerned.

"Emmett, What's wrong?" I asked quietly. 

"Someone's been in here. Bella call Edward, tell him we will be right there." Bella nodded furiously and pulled out her phone making the quick phone call.

The three of us hopped into the Jeep and sped off quickly to the Cullen household.

"Who was it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked as we sat in the living room. Emmett stood in the center of the room and Alice sat with Bella. I sat with Rosalie on the couch as they comforted us.

"This was a stranger, I didn't recognize his scent." Emmett informed them.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested.

"A passerby wouldn't have left their father alive." Rosalie disagreed as she rubbed my back gently.

The doorway opened and shut, having Jasper, Henry and Edward enter the room.

"The scent disappeared about five miles south of their house." Jasper informed us as they had gone to check out the scent trail.

"Someone's orchestrating this." Carlisle spoke matter of factly.

"Victoria?" Bella offered as a suggestion. Seemingly the most logical explanation.

"I would have seen her decide." Alice shook her head.

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward said with a worried expression.

"I don't think it's the Volturi, either. I've been watching Aro's decisions, too."

"Fine, so we keep looking." Emmett crossed his arms tightly across his chest. Henry placed a reassuring hand on his brothers shoulder.

"We'll also take shift's guarding Bella and (Y/n) at their house." Carlisle added.

"That's so much to ask of you guys though. There's only so many of you. You can't protect me and Bella, watch our dad, and search for the intruder."

"And Victoria." Rosalie chimed in agreeing with my statement. I happened to look around to see a lot of black eyes. Which was just another reason.

"On top of having to keep yourselves fed." I let out a sigh.

"We are not about to leave you and your sister here defenseless." Edward argued.

"(Y/n)'s right. We aren't about to let you starve." Bella chided back.

"Actually, I have an idea..." I said quietly and everyone looked to me. I gave Emmett a pleading look and his eyes widened in understanding.

"No." He said simply.

After telling the family my idea they all agreed. Emmett and even Edward slightly protested but ultimately gave up, knowing the pack could help. So I did exactly that. I called Jacob Black.

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind." Jacob said walking out of my house behind me. "It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here." He glared at Emmett with the occasional glare at Edward as well.

"We don't need you to handle anything. Or anyone." Emmett growled and glared back at him.

"I could careless what you need." Jake hissed and stepping forward towards him.

"Alright, we're done here." Emmett tried to grab my arm and pull me away. Bella and Edward moved backwards slightly.

"No, you're done here." Jacob tried to grab my other arm.

"Stop it! Jesus... I am so tired of this." I pulled myself away from both of them. Standing in between them as they stared each other down. "There's bigger matters at hand here then your... stupid hate for each other! I'm putting my foot down. I'm Switzerland, okay?" I screeched angrily, causing both boy's to look at me.

Bella and Edward both snickered quietly behind me. I turned towards them and shot them both a look making them stop.

Emmett really hated the idea, but it wasn't about rivalry anymore. It was about mine and Bella's safety, and Charlie's. In the days that followed, I managed to get them to at least try to work together. The wolves would take over so the Cullen's could hunt. It wasn't exactly an easy alliance. Bella and I, of course, had to basically be babysat. When we weren't with at least one of the Cullen's, we were with Jacob.