Christmas, The Night Before

It was finally Christmas Day and we gathered at Dad's house. Bella, Edward, Emmett, Jacob, Emalie, Sue, Seth, even Leah, Dad and me. I was looking out the window at the falling snow.

    "The snow is sticking." I told Emmett quietly as he walked up behind me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

    "Hey, we still have today." He said softly.

Dad and Sue started to set the table for Christmas dinner. Both looked so happy.

    "I'm so glad he found someone to take care of him." I said looking down at the floor.

    "(Y/n), honey." Emmett said adjusting my hair. "No one's giving up here."

I looked up at him with a saddened expression.

    "All right! Present time! Let's go!" Dad called. "Seth, Leah, stop eating." He chuckled.

We walked into the living room, seeing Jacob and Emalie sitting next to the tree at the base of the fireplace.

    "Jake, you start. Get it going." Dad told him. Jacob happily grabbed a gift from the pile handing it to Emalie.

    "What did you get me?" Seth asked his sister with a laugh.

    "I'm not getting you anything." Leah said.

    "Hey! No, come on, what did you get me?" He asked her again. Leah shoved him playfully.

    "Well, Dad. We didn't have time to wrap your's, but this is from the four of us." Bella told him. Handing him two tickets.

    "It's a five day fishing trip to Fraser River." I grinned at him. "It's for you and Sue."

    "You leave tomorrow." Emmett smiled at him.

    "Wow, that's really nice. Thank you." Dad shook his head looking at the tickets. "Tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow."

    "I made arrangement for you at work." Sue told him happily.

    "Sneaky." Dad grinned at her. "And Extravagant." He looked at me and Bella curiously.

    "And non-refundable, I'm afraid." Edward told him with a chuckle.

    "Are you four trying to get rid of me?" He asked seriously. We all paused thinking maybe for some strange reason he knew more than he was letting on. "Well, it's working!" He laughed looking back at the tickets with an excited expression. Emalie giggled along with him. "Fraser river that means we'll be chasing cutthroat."

    "We might even hook a rainbow or some bulls." Sue said taking a seat on Dad's lap. I smiled brightly looking between the two.

    "Woman knows her trout." Dad said proudly.

I walked over and took a seat next to Emalie on the floor.

    "Hello, Beautiful. Let me see." I giggled at her. She showed me her wrist which had a paracord bracelet Jacob had made her. Just like the ones we used to make each other. "Oh, did Jake make this for you?" I grinned at him.

    "It's so pretty." She said with a great big smile.

    "It is very pretty." I agreed.

I looked back at Emmett and we smiled at each other and then back at our beautiful daughter.

That night we set up camp in the very same field we'd been in back in June. I didn't think we'd ever have to come back to this place, let alone fight another fight here. Jacob gathered firewood and set it up in the center between us all looking at Benjamin, who had a fire blaze set in his hand. When Jacob nodded, and Benjamin threw it and the fire came to life.