The Mountain

"Knock, knock..." Bella whispered against the doorway. She slowly pushed the door open to see Emmett cuddled up on the bed with me asleep.

    "How'd it go?" She whispered. Emmett lifted up my hand that had the ring on and he smiled brightly at her. Bella squealed happily. "Is it okay for me to wake her?" Bella chuckled. "I hope you guys didn't have to late of a night last night." She winked at him. Emmett tried hard to stifle his laughter.

    "No. I mean, we did stay up talking, Bella, but that's it and I'm sure she'd be happy to have you wake her. She was hoping to talk to you as soon as we got home."

    "Okay... you may want to move." Bella chuckled. Emmett slowly unwrapped my tangled body from his and climbed off the bed. Bella ran and jumped up on top of me.

    "Oof! Ugh, Bella..." I groaned.

    "Good morning, my gorgeous sister! Tell me, tell me how it went!" Bella screamed in my ear, jumping up and down on me.

I simply held up my hand and the biggest grin came across my face. Both of us squealed and hugged while bouncing up and down on our knees on the bed. Bella stopped and grinned herself showing me her ring and we started up again. Emmett walked out of the room and met Edward in the hall.

    "Apparently there's a squealing fest in my bedroom. If you were wondering where your fiancé is, just follow the squeal's." Emmett laughed as he walked by Edward.

    "I had a feeling." Edward chuckled and entered the room. "Alright you two. You have all day and night to talk about this. We've got to get going."

    "All right, we're going." Bella told him.

We got ready for our trek up the mountain. Wearing hat's, gloves, and layers of clothing. Bella and I had to walk through the woods to lead a trail of our scent right to the field. We also thought it would be best to poke our fingers and leave small blood trails on trees, leaves, and anything else we possibly could.

    "What are you doing?" Emmett chuckled as I exited the forest back into the clearing.

    "Hey, if this is all we can contribute, we wanted to be thorough." I smiled at him.    

"Those newborns will be frantic." Emmett lightly grabbed my hand and inspected my bleeding finger.

    "It's fine. Don't make yourself uncomfortable." I tried to pull away but he held my wrist a little tighter and chuckled.

    "It doesn't bother me anymore. After the first incident, and then when I thought you were dead for about 12 hours... Sort of fixed that... Hey, your not wearing your ring." He told me softly.

    "I really didn't want to lose it..."

    "You sure it's not because you didn't want to risk Jacob seeing it?" Emmett smirked at me and lightly stroked my cheek.

    "I'm sorry... I just think we should wait to tell him... At least until after the fight. I want him to have a clear head." I explained.

    "Okay." He whispered with a smile and kissed my forehead.

    "Who's head is unclear?" Jacob came walking up at that moment. Both of us turned to look at him. Embry walked up behind him.

    "Nobody's I hope." I said quickly. He looked at me a little strange.

    "Alice said there's a storm coming." Edward said and he and Bella walk over toward us.

    "Yeah, I can feel it. We should get going." Jacob looked to me and I nodded. Edward and Bella said goodbye and she was picked up by Embry.