Graduation and Alliances

A week past by and it was finally graduation day for Emmett, myself, Bella and Edward. Along with Jasper and Alice. We sat in a row together wearing our caps and gowns. Dad sat in the family section next to Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Henry. They called the class valedictorian Jessica Stanley to the stage.

    "When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or, in my case, a princess. When we were ten, they asked again. We answered rockstar, cowboy, or, in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows." We all clapped and cheered. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love... a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothings permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be, we wont have to guess. We'll know." Jess smiled proudly as the room erupted into cheers.

When it was time to walk to get our diploma's we all stood in a line and moved as our names were called. Bella was first, Dad stood up and proudly clapped for her and the Cullen's in the room cheered. My turn came next and Dad did the same thing, Henry of course, being Henry cheered loudly over the rest making me turn as red as a tomato as I grabbed my diploma. I walked off the stage to be twirled around by Emmett and he kissed me passionately. I couldn't believe that after 18 years, this moment was finally here. Closing this chapter of my life and a new one beginning.

As Alice promised she delivered a big fancy graduation party at the Cullen household that night. It really was a beautiful set up. Loud music, blared through the air. Lot's of kid's dancing and all around having a grand time. Bella and I showed up after having a dinner with our Dad, seeing as he had to get back to work. The second we made it up the stairs we were bombarded by Jess and Angela squeezing us tightly.

    "Hey, so what did you think of my speech?" Jess squealed into my ear. I cringed slightly and smiled. "Too easy-breezy? Too self-helpful? You hated it?" She pulled away from our hug.

    "No, Jess it was awesome. You nailed it for sure." I assured her.

    "Yeah? It's like I was totally born to lead, right?"

    "Promise we'll keep in touch?" Angela asked as she hugged me.

    "Oh, yeah. Of course." I told her with a smile.

    "Ohhh. I love this song!" Angela squealed and grabbed Jessica's hand. "Let's go." The two girls ran off back into the other room. Bella and I both chuckled and looked around.

    "I can't believe we've graduated." I spoke loudly to Bella over the music.

    "I know. We are like actual adults.." She cringed slightly but laughed. "Uh, (Y/n)?" Bella was looking over my shoulder at something.

    "What?" I turned around to see none other than Jacob, Embry and Quil, walking up the stairway. I huffed and walked over to them.

    "What are you doing here?" I crossed my arms and Jacob looked at me with a slight smile.

    "You invited me, remember?" Jacob smirked and I laughed.

    "I'm pretty sure my punch to your face should have been obvious enough. That was me un-inviting you."

    "Look, (Y/n), I'm sorry about, you know, the kiss and your hand. I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing, but it was really just me.. being an ass. I'm really sorry." Jacob apologized. I smiled softly and nodded my head. "I brought you something. A graduation present. I made it myself."