6| Rules

Holy shit

Holy shit.... I had the best fucking sleep of my life. I rubbed my eyes, the memories of yesterday flooded my mind. I really hope Ian doesn't say anything... they can't know anything. Not a fucking thing.

I sat up, stretching my arms before flopping back down into my comfortable bed.

"I thought I told you not to disturb her!"
"It's 11 am, Bruno! I'm bored!"

The door flew open, revealing Beckham and Bruno. "I'm sorry Briella, I couldn't stop him" Bruno huffed.

"So bumble bee, what we doing today?" Beckham flopped down beside me.
Did he just...call me bumble bee?

"Okay so Leo calls me Brie Brie and you call me bumble bee?" I lazily turned to Beckham. He just answered with a simple "duuuuh"

"Okay so, we need to go shopping, Leo told us you had a tiny bag of clothes so we're getting you more" Beckham explained. "Umm... I have no money" I quietly answered.

"Our money is your money now, bumblebee"

Did he...oh stop it now I'm going to cry.

"I can't do that... I'll work or something" before finishing my sentence, Bruno hushed me. "You can work if you'd like, I don't know if Marco would let you though" Beckham said.

"Speaking of the devil..."

"Briella! You're awake! Meet me in my office" Marc smiled.

What the fuck did I do now? Is it the cat picture I hung up in the kitchen?
I got up before making my way to Marco's office. With the help of Beckham and Bruno.
Once we got there, the panic set in. The room was a beautiful black colour with hints of red. Red=danger.... Oh fuck I'm dead.

"Take a seat" Marco spoke, Beckham closed the door behind him. I sat down beside Bruno, he had his hand on my knee. It was somewhat comforting??

"I just want to explain some rules to you"

Rules? What is this? A fucking game?

"Rule 1, respect your brothers and any other worker here"
Okay okay I can do that.
"Rule 2, no leaving the house without permission"
Fuck.
"Rule 3, clean up after yourself"
Easy.
"Rule 4, do not go to the basement"
Go to the basement? Okie dokie. *sarcastic evil laugh*
"Rule 5, share your opinions"
That's even easier. I can cope with these rules.
"Rule 6, no boys"
....I spoke too soon.
"Rule 7, if you have any ideas, speak to me first"
Righto.
"And lastly, rule 8, don't get into any trouble"
Oh fuck.

"Rule 9, eat your veggies" Beckham joked giving me a thumbs up before getting slapped by Marco.

"When you say trouble..." I started.

"I seen the police records" Marco smirked, as if he was proud. "We just can't be involved with the cops, Briella."

"What are you, the mafia or something" I laughed, waiting for the rest of them to join me. But... they just looked at each other. I looked up, seeing the worry on their faces. "Oh... you're apart of the mafia?" I whispered.

They all took a deep breath in, they must've thought they fucked up before I once again, spoke up. "NO SHIT, THAT'S SO COOL! Do you like..." I started pointing my fingers like guns. Beckham let out a cheeky little giggle.

Confusion plastered on their faces that I completely ignored before continuing my excitement.

"You know... I'm good with guns.. and knifes"

"NO!" The said in sync. God what are they? NSYNC?

I just heavily breathed out, showing my disappointment. "So... you're okay with it?" Bruno asked. I nodded and smiled back. "Thank god!" Beckham sighed.

"Soooooo, can I do mafia stuff with you?" I innocently asked. Marco instantly told me that I can't... I mean, I understand that it's dangerous but it sounds fun.

"Right , go get your new clothes, amore" Marco said.

I stood up with Beckham and Bruno and we left his office. I went straight to my bathroom and had a quick shower. Once I got out, I wrapped my hair in a towel, done some skincare and brushed my teeth. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror, my bruises and scars still aren't fading. I slowly placed my hand on my rib, the huge bruise that covered half of my rib cage made me cringe. I took a deep breath in before getting changed into oversized clothes that I've had for years.

I let my natural waves frame my face, put on a little bit of mascara and grabbed my phone

I made my way down to the foyer where I was met with Bruno, Beckham and Damon.
"You ready?" Bruno asked, holding his hand out. "Mhmm"

We got in the car, Damon sat beside me. Damon was extremely cold. He's usually quiet and serious, I don't know how I feel around him. Damon seems to be someone who's well respected, he has tattoos all over his body, angry ass eyes and big fat muscly arms. He's around 6'3 like most of the brothers. The tallest ones are Marco and Rocco, probably cause they're the oldest? Fuck I don't know.

"How was your life back in Illinois?" Damon randomly spoke up. I had never heard his voice before. It was raspy and kind of... scary?

"Ummm, it was fine" I answered, locking eyes with Damon's green ones. It was like he seen right through me. "I'm sorry dad took you away from us" he added before continuing to look out of the window.

Did he just... apologize for something he didn't even do?

"Oh don't be sorry, it's completely fine" I answered back, he just nodded in response.

About 10 minutes had passed, the beautiful scenery of New York was breathtaking. We finally parked, I got out of the car, dusting my clothes down. I looked around to see mostly designer stores. I've never had anything designer before...like at all.

Welllll, this is going to be fuuuuun!!

Authors note:

I hope you liked this one!

Are you surprised by Briella's response to their mafia business?

I love y'all :)