8|Nightmare

I put the letter down, exhaling through my mouth

I put the letter down, exhaling through my mouth. "Sit down" I told my brothers before ripping the letter into pieces. My brothers looked at me with anticipation.
"Thomas Hawk is...someone I used to work with" I started.
"We done stupid little missions like distracting the targets or making them talk" I bit down on my lip, trying to remember... that night.

"One night, I found out Thomas was a traitor. He was working for a guy named Jackson or something? I don't remember, anyways, we had a mission that night. It was a new one for me, I had never been the one to attack. But... I attacked the wrong person"

My brothers sat there listening, worry in their eyes, holding onto their fists.

"I attacked Thomas, he was taking advantage of a drunk woman. So I.."
I took a deep breath in before talking suuuuuper fast.
"I punched in the stomach,started beating him with a chair, tased his ass and the rest is history." I explained, not even daring to look up at my brothers.

"Broken ribs? What does he mean by that?" Rocco asked.

"Oh, I broke his ribs from hitting him with a chair" I calmly replied, looking like a damn sociopath.

Silence...

Pure, blissful-

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA GOOD ONE BRIE!" Leo laughed, holding his stomach.
I finally looked up at my brothers, they're...laughing? Marco looks.. proud?

"What happened to the mission though?" Rocco quizzed me.

"Miguel, our boss, took Thomas while I finished the mission" I replied confidently. I could see the confusion on the rest of my brothers.

"I was in a street gang, that's why I was on a mission" i answered their confused faces.
"Aren't street gangs dangerous though" Alejandro asked.
"Dangerous like the mafia?"
I smirked while Marco started chuckling at my antics.

We continued eating, I tried to eat to the best of my ability. I could see that Ian was growing more concern as I played with the food on my plate.

I was thinking of something to distract him, then Bruno started talking.

"So Briella.."

Thank god.

"How was your upbringing?"

Oh fuck..

"It was...fine. Jason was fine" I answered while playin with my food.

"Damn, you're on first name bases?" Leo asked, surprised from my answer.

I gulped, panic started settling in.

"Yeah, we didn't have a good relationship...how was yours?"

Yes, Brie, change the subject.

"Jason was a dick. Mama was an angel" Rocco answered.

Mom...

"C-can I see a picture of her? Jason didn't even let me talk about her" I asked while scratching my head.

I could see suspicions escalating around the room. I cannot tell them... at least not yet. They're nice to me and I cant fuck that up. Leo went to go find a picture while Ian still glared at me.

Leo quickly came back with a faint smile before handing me the frame.
Holy shit....
I couldn't take my eyes off the frame.

"Are you okay, Brie?" Marco asked.

"SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE ME OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL!!!" I yapped.
"Yeah...we know" Rocco smiled at me.
"What was her name?" I asked.
"Robyn"

Robyn, 5'4 or something, long black wavy hair, a curvy body,bright blue eyes. Little dimples in her cheeks. She looks beautiful. Well...she looked beautiful. I wish I got to meet her. Is that...a tattoo? Of a moon?

I looked down to my thigh, i have the same exact tattoo, I got it when I was 14. Yes, I was young I know. I smiled at the picture before handing it back to Leo.

"Thank you for showing me her" I thanked, giving them a huge smile.

"You don't need to thank us silly!" Beckham happily said. I smiled back and looked down at my food. God I hope this is enough for them.

"Im finished eating" I nervously noted. They all look up at me. "No you're not" Marco coldly said.

"Yes, I am"

"No you're not"

"Yes the fuck I am"

"No the fuck you're not"

Ah fuck this.

I stood up and stormed out. I walked quickly to my room,almost ran there. I closed the door and lay down on my bed.

Oh please don't come up.

"The fuck was that?" Damon asked

"The fuck was that?" Damon asked. Marco sat there shaking his head.

"Have you guys noticed that she doesn't eat much? All she had today was ice cream and a tiny bit of dinner" Beckham added.

"Maybe she's just not comfortable yet?" I wondered.

"Guys..."

"Maybe she doesn't have a big appetite" Alejandro added.

"Guys..."

"She's very thin too, maybe she has an eating problem?" Rocco said.

"GUYS!" Ian shouted across the table. Everyone turned to look at him, a look of pure guilt covered his face.

"Do you guys think Jason/dad done anything to her?" Ian pointed out. I looked at Ian like he was crazy. He wouldn't do that to his own daughter, would he?

"Fuck no, she would've told us! Why do you think that, dumbass?" Damon expressed, you could see the anger in his eyes.

"Well, she wears baggy clothes, she's thin, she flinches, she has a bruise on her wrist that she makes sure to cover, she doesn't eat much. These are all warning signs" Ian explained, I've never seen Ian this way before. He's usually very careless or angry.

Marco sighed, "I've noticed the signs too... people who have been abused, don't say they were abused Damon."

Ian put his hands on his head before explaining more. "She had a nightmare too..."

"A nightmare?" We all said on cue.

"She was talking in her sleep, more like mumbling... then she started repeating 'please' and sweating. She stated moving around a lot. I had to wake her up and when i did... s-she apologized" Ian let out a big breath before melting back in his chair.

"Oh fuck"