52| Back In Time

TW: ABUSE, DRUGS, RAPE (not detailed)

~11 years ago~

7 year old Briella walked down the stairs, past the broken glass lying on the steps. She made her way to the living room, empty alcohol bottles covered the coffee table. Briella walked to the kitchen as she was hungry, but on her way, she found a destructive Jason searching the fridge.

"Dad?" Brie's high pitched voice spoke. "Is everything okay?"

Jason turned to Brie, his eyes full of rage. "What do you fucking think?!" He screamed in her face. She became used to the screaming, it almost brought comfort to her. Jason would either ignore her or scream at her. She thought being yelled at was better than nothing.

"W-What happened?" Brie asked.

"You! You're what fucking happened!" Jason said while pushing her out of the way. He left the fridge open, so she quickly got the smallest leftovers and went to her room. She quickly ate the last piece of food before throwing the wrapper away.

If she was caught eating, it would turn into a punishment. She was only allowed one cereal and water at home. But in school, she got to eat a bit more. Some of her friends would pack her a lunch, since Jason never did.

She heard footsteps approaching, making her sprint to the broken dolls house that she created out of a box. She pretended to play while Jason stormed in.

"Where is my can opener?!" He harshly spoke.

"Did you check the drawer?" Brie answered, holding her dolls in her tiny hands.

"Are you fucking stupid?!" Jason then grabbed Brie by her hair, throwing her across her room. "Of course I checked! You're such a fucking brat!" He said before storming out.

Briella felt fresh blood drip down her face, she cried out in pain. She immediately went to the bathroom, grabbing a tissue to stop the bleeding. She looked in the mirror, a new wound braced her forehead.

~5 years ago~

13 year old Briella sat on her old uncomfortable bed. She knew it was time to get up but she had no strength from what happened the day before.

Jason stormed in, with a sledgehammer, making Brie sit up immediately.

"This is no longer your room, I'm renovating!" Jason smirked.

"Oh...where am I staying?"  She hesitantly asked.

"The bathroom."

Brie looked her father in the eye, searching for the detection of a lie, which she couldn't find. She raised her eyebrows at him, running her hands through her hair.

"Okay, so the bathroom is now my room?" She asked Jason, he nodded with a haunting smirk.

"You can sleep in the tub" Jason said before wrecking everything in her old room.

She knew not to fight back. She grabbed her bag and slowly walked to the bathroom. She heard the door opening, she tilted her head from the door. Two men walked up with a paper in one hand, Jason signed it and they both stepped down the stairs.

She wondered what he was signing, what was he hiding from her?

~a few hours later~

Jason sat on the rusty couch, drinking his beer with a line of coke on the coffee table. Briella walked down the stairs to speak to him. She held so much anger in her soul towards him, she was ready to unleash it.

"What are you turning my room into?" Brie asked her drunken father.

"None of your business" he replied, snorting the coke off the table.

"It kind of is my business because it was my room" Briella confidently said. He looked back at her, his face was red with anger. Brie stepped back, understanding she crossed the line. He immediately floored her, she fell head first onto the floor. He immediately started ripping her clothes off. She knew what was going to happen next, she knew deep down that she couldn't fight him. She was weak, without food or water, heavily bruised and damaged.

~present time~

"Brie?" Eleanor called out. Briella broke out of her haze, locking eyes with her. Eleanor immediately started writing in her book. It's been a week since Briella started therapy. She's been having reoccurring nightmares and flashbacks ever since.

"Sorry...I spaced out there" Brie whispered, digging her nails into her arm.

Eleanor took a deep breath in, putting her book down onto the table.

"Briella, I'm diagnosing you with PTSD" she informed Brie.

Brie was completely confused as to what she meant. She didn't believe she has PTSD, she just thinks it's normal.

"No you're not" Briella sarcastically chuckled.

Eleanor glared at Brie with such sad eyes. Brie instantly stormed out, going straight to her room. On her way, she bumped into Marco.

"Hey..what's wrong?!" Marc asked but Briella was already away. All of her brothers were present in the room, they all sat together while Brie went through therapy.

Eleanor walked out, her hand ran through her ginger locks. She sighed before explaining the situation.

"Sit down," she said to Marc. "This is going to be difficult."

Marco sat down beside Rocco and Leo, every brothers attention was on Eleanor.

"I'm diagnosing her with PTSD. I will read out the symptoms to you all" Eleanor said, grabbing a note out of her bag.

"Nightmares, flashbacks, anger outbursts, sleeping problems, detachment, guilt, shame and dissociation. These are her symptoms, there is more for other patients with PTSD but I don't see them in her."

Her brothers were completely speechless, Beckham immediately ran to Briella's room.

"Okay, so, if you don't see them in her, she doesn't have it?" Rocco asked.

"Every single patient is different, they have different symptoms. If they have more than five symptoms then they're likely to be diagnosed. Briella has eight of them" Eleanor informed them.

"I genuinely don't believe the trauma therapy is doing her good, which is why I'm switching it to cognitive behavioral therapy. I will prescribe antidepressants for her, please keep an eye on her" Eleanor said before standing up. She hugged Marco and the brothers thanked her. Eleanor made her way out, leaving the brothers with their own thoughts.

"Fuck..." Ian whispered.