Chapter 2

Ayaka's POV:

I've been in class 1-A for some time now but never made any friends thanks to my shyness and added anxiety, everyone quickly formed their own friendship groups but I ended up alone. It's fine though, it just gives me more time to regress and I can worry less about being caught! No way they would let a regressor be a hero! That's why I keep it secret and keep to myself. Life isn't so bad though, I still have lots of fun just not with other people, instead I turn to my summons and cartoons. I do wish I could have a caretaker though.. One boy in my Class, Kirishima, is super nice and gives off a caretaker vibe but I can tell he wouldn't be into it or might be weirded out by it. That could be my anxiety talking though, I don't know him well enough anyways.

The classes make me tired, so very tired. Some days I barely have enough energy to get out of bed or to force an 'adult headspace'. Being a hero student is hard and I don't know if I can't do this. Bakugo  is really mean and his explosions scare me enough to make me nearly enter my 'smol headspace' and some of the kids in other classes don't like us. They think we think we're better than them and because I'm always alone I'm an easy target. Training is painful, going against my classmates and them not caring enough to help me to Recovery girl when I can't get there myself. My once soft skin now covered in scars from cuts and burns. I'm just tired...

Somehow, the first few weeks quickly, the entrance exams, the first day of school, All might, and now this... I don't really understand what's going on but the last thing I hear is Izuku yelling 'Kacchan' and everything goes black. When I wake up I'm restrained in a chair beside Bakugo, the people who kidnapped us were talking about scouting him to join them and how their not a mob organisation, I wasn't really following the conversation that much. My mind was else where, I could feel my breathe quickening and I didn't have any comfort items, a panic attack was coming and I could tell nothing could stop it. Tears prick my eyes as someone undoes both mine and Bakugo's restraints. The leader talks about how our situations are similar, how alike we all are and that is why they should work together,  trying to coax us into joining, but before the man could get far into his speech Bakugo began fighting them all. Explosions are erupting all around me and loud noises filled the room. I was curled up in a ball crying softly, there was too much yelling and noise, I knew I wasn't fit to be a hero but this...this just proved it. I was too overwhelmed and I couldn't function- I felt useless..

I tried covering my ears to block out the sound and place my thumb in my mouth to try and forget what's going on around me. It worked for awhile until Bakugo saw me, he started yelling at me to get up and fight with him to 'destroy these damn villains!', but my body was frozen stiff and I could tell I wasn't in the right mindset to fight. He continued to yell at me and the villains whilst fighting until things got quiet, my ears focused on the footsteps that were getting closer to me and a purple thing with yellow eyes, that looks kinda human but not, crouches in front of me . Without missing a beat he picks me up and cradles me in his arms, rocking me gently whilst he hushes and comforts me. "Hello little one.." he whispers softly, I feel my erratic breathing halt, did he know? But he didn't sound judgy. But how did he figure me out so easily?

Without thinking I relax myself slightly in his arms and look at him. "I'm Kurogiri, I have a quirk that lets me warp myself and others. What's your quirk?" He sits me across the room with me in his lap and talks in a voice only a caregiver has. I hold up my free hand that's not in my mouth and transform it into my usual big, fluffy, soft kitty paw, then back into my normal hand, then my eyes become a flaming red along with horns protruding from my head with smoke coming from my mouth then back to my normal appearance. "A transformation quirk?" I smile between the thumb that's still between my lips. "I see" He was about to say something else when the wall crumbles down and All might comes crashing in. Something about 'I am here to save you blah blah blah.'

All night and the villains yell back and forth for a short while then Kurogiri slumps over on the chair with me still in his arms. His body pretty much hid my small figure. Was he protecting me even though he's passed out? Why would he, I'm a stranger? I wanted to cry again but my eyes hurt and I was tired so I kept quiet but still tried to wake him up. A lot of other stuff happened when a grey cloud of smoke takes us away. I fell to the side of Kurogiri and a man with red fingers stabs him, forcing him to use his quirk. After a fight between that man and All might, me and all the villains are forced through his quirk into some bar looking place.

Kurogiri was still out cold so whilst everyone else were gathering their bearings I was trying to wake him up, I don't know anyone but him! He stayed still until a man with black hair and burnt skin walks over to me. "Who's the kid?" The burnt man asks the people around me.  Kurogiri shoots up and cradles me in his arms protectively, looking around for danger and ready to fight. Kinda like a mama bear! He only sees his team so he relaxes and checks on me, once making sure I'm okay he stands up and walks into an elevator then down a hall and into a room. He turns on the lamp beside the plain bed and places me down, "this is one of our bases and we don't have much in this one currently but make yourself feel at home." I nod, getting to work by stealing the blankets and turning myself into a burrito. He gently pats my head and strokes my hair back, "I'll talk to the others okay?" I didn't really know what he was on about but I nodded anyways. He took so long out there I ended up falling asleep, obviously I had my thumb in my mouth. I didn't have a paci so I had no choice.

When I woke up again everything was dark. I felt alone and scared, my breathing started to quicken  when a hand reaches out and gently rubs small circles into my back leaving behind the same scent as before- it was Kurogiri! I rolled over and saw him sat beside me with a closed book in his lap. He moves the book onto the nightstand and pulls me onto his lap, "you sleep well?" I nod and go to answer but feel something oddly familiar in my mouth, it wasn't my thumb.. It tasted more like plastic? I reached up to my mouth to find a plain black paci in place of where my thumb previously was. Kurogiri chuckles and I quickly look at him with both confusion and happiness written all over my face. "It wasn't hard to see you were a little. I gave you this-" he points to the paci, "-because sucking your thumb isn't good for your teeth." I nod and nestle myself into his chest as he continued to gently rock me back to sleep.

Word count: 1342