Chapter 5

Ayaka's POV:

It's really hot...It feels uncomfortable..

I try to pry off my sheets but the stick to my skin which makes me let out a whine. Then something cool is placed on my forehead. Then someone places their hand against my cheek, it felt almost like when I was younger and mom was still around. "Ma?.." I hoarsely whisper out, the hand stop for a second before continuing to rub small circles with their thumb. "Yes...ma's here."

Magne's POV:

"She must really be out of it..." Magne mumbles, she decides to check the little ones temperature to check if it's fallen in the past two hours. 101.2 F, better but still not where it should be. I clean the thermometer and place it beside the water bowl. "She must've been under a lot of stress for her to develop a fever this high." "What would of stressed her out?" Dabi calls from the door, I shrug. "Could be many things. The kidnapping, boom boom boy yelling at her, waking up in a new place with people she doesn't know. A lot has happened the last few days. Any of these could be why, or maybe we're missing something." He nods and sits at the bottom of the bed, he gently places a hand on her leg and smiles softly. I almost missed it, but once you're used to him he has a lot of subtle expressions.

"Got any news on what's going on?" Dabi shakes his head, "nah. So far we've been told to rest for a bit then try to find new recruits. Technically we have one." He jokes, tilting his head towards the-my kid instead of pointing. "Yeah, but I doubt she will want to fight. I think she'll be better at boosting our confidence or support or maybe a few small scouting missions rather than something big. She's like our own emotional support baby and we're her emotional support people." I chuckle, the burnt nuggets seems to agree 'cause he chuckles quietly as well.

-three hours later (around 11 am)-

Every hour or so Dabi would switch places with me so I could get something to eat, have a toilet break and bring anything up I think the kid will need. By around 11 am she starts to stir under the covers. I feel her head, she feels a lot cooler now then she did before. Her fever has gone down a lot and she seems to be conscious. "Hey..hey little one, how are you feeling?" She slowly opened her eyes and yawns softly, "icky" I nod and pick her up as she commands cuddles with those little grabby hands of hers. "I can imagine! You had a nasty fever. You still feel sick?" Her face scrunches up as she thinks for a second, "no! Little bit hot but no sick!" I smile. She starts pulling at her clothes then looks at me with an interesting face. "What's wrong bubs?" "Smell bad.." oh, oh! I stand up and head into the bathroom, "how about we fix that? Now here's a big question for you. Ready? -nodding head- alright, do you want to bath alone or do you want someone in here to help you?" She places her hand on my chest, "you!" I'll take that as a yes. "Alrighty then! Want some bubbles?" She nods her head as I place her down on the closed toilet lid, "good choice!" I chuckle.

She undressed herself, which I praised her for, and she hopped into the bubble bath letting herself sink in until only the top of her face and nose were above water. She was hesitant when I asked to wash her back but eventually resurfaced. I had to hold in a gasp from leaving me, I thought she was light but she's downright skinny not to mention all these scars. Some of them look like burn marks- no explosion marks, some of them looked like claw marks and some looked like acid burns. Is this how Ua trains their kids? By putting them against one another?! But don't they have a healer? I'll ask her about it later.

The bath was finished in no time and she was dressed in a black skirt with an oversized sweater that had a teddy bear on it (it's purple and black). It looked pretty cute on her but I can imagine she likes a little bit more colour in her life when she's regressed. I dry her hair and let it flow over her shoulders naturally, "want to go downstairs and see everyone?" My baby's smile grew even bigger as she nodded her head quick enough to make even me watching her dizzy. "Alright, alright, let's go!" I pick her up and place her on my hip, not forgetting to grab a pill for her to take after she eats. We go down the elevator and meet the entire team in the bar.

"How is she?" Shigaraki asks, an undertone of worry in his voice. "She's alright now but we'll need to check up on her throughout the day to make sure that fever stays away." I sit down on the couch between him and Dabi, both obviously worried about our little one. "Hey bubs..look!" I gently rub her back to get her to fully wake up again, and turn her to face Dabi. Sure he looks kinda scary to kids but she loves him. "Abi!" She takes this as her chance to crawl over the couch and onto his lap, wrapping her arms around his burnt neck and squeezing tight. "Tank you!" His smile was small but it was there and the giggles that left the both of them could warm up any of our hearts. He's been with us for over a year and we've never seen him talk this much, smile let alone laugh.

Ayaka Fujihara, you really are just what this team of misfits need to keep us together. To make us a proper family.

No one's POV:

A couple more hours pass and nothing really eventful happens as far as the LOV goes but back in UA a certain homeless looking teacher is starting to worry.

"I'm telling you she disappeared the night Bakugo got kidnapped! Why would she just drop out without telling us?" Mic shrugged, "maybe things got to real for her? It's actually reasonable if she did want to leave after the USJ." Aizawa shook his head, "no, something about this doesn't feel right." He stands up and heads back to the dorm rooms, Aizawa doesn't usually venture down to the kids dorm rooms but he felt as if he missed something crucial, something that would be hidden in her room.

He opened the door and was bombarded with pastels and posters from kids cartoons, as he began searching her found odd looking water bottles, way too many stuffed toys and childish type clothes. He shrugged it off as her sense of style but when he found the box under her bed and opened it, everything suddenly fell into place. Her crying, her childish tendencies, her rushing out after hearing Bakugo yelling, why she was so quiet and didn't socialise. "..shit.."

Word count: 1208