p r o l o g u e

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────November 6th, 1983Hawkins, Indiana───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
November 6th, 1983
Hawkins, Indiana
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

            Hawkins, Indiana was a quaint and woodsy little town where nothing much ever happened

            Hawkins, Indiana was a quaint and woodsy little town where nothing much ever happened. While some residents of the town complained about it, 16-year-old Olivia Henderson wouldn't want it any other way. It reminded her of small towns that she would see in some of her favorite movies, like E.T. But what she loved most about her town was the peace and quiet, and she loved the beauty of the woods that surrounded her. The sound of the trees swaying back and forth and the rustling leaves made her feel calm.

            Currently, Olivia was sitting in the dim basement of the Wheeler household, reading her favorite book, Little Women. She looked up from her page and a soft smile appeared on her pink lips. Her little brother Dustin and his gang of friends— Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, and Will Byers— were all leaned over the table, focusing intently on a game of Dungeons & Dragons. According to Mike (the unofficial leader of the gang), he told her that they have been playing for the past 10 hours. She had arrived at Mike's house about an hour ago to pick Dustin up, but decided to let him stay a little longer.

            She loved hanging out with the kids, and despite her being 4 years older than them, she oddly considered them to be her best friends. They adored her very much, and even made her an honorable member of the party a few years back. She even had her own role in the party as the Druid. They told her that she was "cooler than the other teenagers" because she actually hung out with them. Apparently, it was easier for her to make friends with kids instead of people her own age.

            "Something is coming... something is hungry for blood." Mike spoke eerily, creating a tension in the room. "A shadow grows on the wall behind you... swallowing you in darkness. It is almost here." Along with the others, Olivia was on the edge of her seat, her book forgotten at the moment, curious to know what was coming. She had played D&D with them a few times before, but she never quite understood the concept. Nonetheless, the party loved her effort for trying and she always found it more entertaining to watch them play anyway.