13 | old times

Chapter Thirteen
🕰️
Old Times

            The War Zone was crowded with worried residents of Hawkins, much to the dismay of Olivia and her friends. She supposed with the town now knowing that there was something strange happening in the town, they were preparing for these scary times with much needed weapons and things.

            "So much for angry hicks," Robin pouted. The group decided to split up and Nancy gestured to Olivia to partner up with her.

           The girls began their search for suitable weapons that would be strong enough to help them to defeat Vecna. "Does this feel familiar to you?" Nancy recalled with a smile, referring to when her, Olivia, and Jonathan were monster hunting and shopping for weapons just like this three years ago.

             "Gosh, that feels forever go," Olivia laughed at the memory. "And now here we are again, only this time it's a monster much scarier than before."

            "Well, for what it's worth, I don't think we would've survived at all if you weren't there to help us," Nancy admitted honestly as they pushed passed the crowd. The two girls grabbed a shopping cart and began to fill it with all sorts of supplies and gadgets and really anything they thought that could be useful to them. "I mean, you pretty much saved Steve's life at the Byers' house when that crazy Demogorgon thing was about to kill him. I think he was pretty much smitten with you ever since."

            "Steve and I weren't even friends back then?" Olivia tilted her head at her friend in complete and utter confusion while throwing a gallon of kerosene fuel into the cart.

            Nancy shook her head at the clueless girl. "Olivia, I love you but you can be really oblivious sometimes. I think Steve always had a thing for you, even way back when we were dating," The raven haired girl revealed.

            Olivia listened to her in shock, not having known this information before. She had absolutely no idea Steve had ever had feelings for her before they even became friends. "You've really done a number on him, Liv," Nancy giggled. "He's... changed, somehow. I don't know how you did it, but all I know is that he's not the same Steve I used to date. He's a much better person now and I know that that has to do with you," She said with admiration, nudging Olivia's shoulder lightly.

            The Henderson girl stayed quiet with a small smile on her face, unsure of what to say but her heart was filling up with warmth. After spotting a shotgun hanging on the wall, she quickly grabbed it. "What about this one, Nance?" She asked, changing the subject.

            Nancy nodded approvingly and as Olivia walked up to the counter to ask for the price, she froze when she heard an all too familiar voice calling her name.

            "Olivia Henderson. Wouldn't expect to see you here," Jason Carver spoke slyly.

            Olivia closed her eyes before turning around slowly to face him. Olivia knew Jason because of Chrissy but she never liked him, and only tolerated him because of her.

            "Yeah, well it's just... scary times," She said uneasily. There was grief so clearly written on Jason's features but also determination. "I'm sorry about, Chrissy. You're not the only one who lost her," She said softly.

            Jason nodded at her, glancing at the gun she was holding. "Want my advice? Shotguns are not good for much of anything past killing birds. I mean, they got power, sure, but not range. And that's just gonna force you into close-range combat, then someone can just grab that barrel like that..."He walked closer to her and Olivia took a step back back, but only for him to inch closer to her. "....and redirect it." Jason paused, studying her face. "Well, you look nervous."