10 | memories

Chapter Ten
🎲
Memories

。゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆

             Olivia, Joyce, Jonathan, Mike, and Hopper were gathered together in the shed, standing with anticipation in front of Will. He was tied up to the chair, with the blinding lights shining bright on him. They managed to cover up every nook and cranny of the shed so that the shadow monster wouldn't find where Will was. When Hopper woke Will up, he started screaming as the monster was inside of him. His screams were unbearable and agonizing to hear. It hurt Olivia to see this sweet and innocent boy she knew have a monster trapped inside of him.

            "Why am I tied up?" The small boy yelled, scanning his eyes around the room.

            Joyce kneeled in front of him and spoke in her calm tone. "Will, we just want to talk to you. We're not gonna hurt you."

            "Where am I?" Will shouted.

            Hopper pulled out the shadow monster that Will had drawn and showed it to him. "Do you recognize this?" Will shook his head no.

            "Hey," Joyce said soothingly. "We wanna help you. But to do that, we have to learn how to kill it."

            Will continued his yells which made the lights start to flicker. Olivia stepped over and put a tender hand on Joyce's shoulder. It wasn't her son.

            "Do you know what March 22nd is?" Joyce asked once Hopper was able to calm him down. When Will didn't respond, she continued to talk. "It's your birthday. Your birthday. When you turned eight, I gave you that huge box of crayons. Do you remember that?" She asked gently. She started recounting about a drawing of a spaceship he had done, and told him how proud she was to have him as a son.

            After Joyce finished, Jonathan took a step forward. "Do you remember the day dad left?" He shakily asked. "We stayed up all night building Castle Byers, just the way you drew it." As Jonathan told him about Castle Byers, Olivia tried her best to not break down in tears. She needed to stay strong.

            "Do you remember the first time that we met?" Mike added in. "It was the first day of kindergarten. I knew nobody. I had no friends and... I just felt so alone and so scared but I saw you on the swings and you were alone too. I asked if you wanted to be my friend, and you said yes. It was the best thing I've ever done." His voice broke.

            "When Dustin and I first moved here, we knew nobody." Olivia spoke up, wiping the tears on her cheeks. "Dustin had been struggling to make friends. But then, you came by our house to welcome us. You immediately let Dustin into your friend group with no hesitation. When I came to Dustin's first campaign, you had given me a drawing of my D&D character titled Princess Olivia. To this day, I still treasure it. I remember thinking that this was the sweetest boy I have ever met." She smiled softly as she told the memory.