12 | six little nuggets

Chapter Twelve🕰️Six Little Nuggets

Chapter Twelve
🕰️
Six Little Nuggets

            Everyone gathered around the eldest Henderson in Max's trailer as they listened to her recount what she had seen

            Everyone gathered around the eldest Henderson in Max's trailer as they listened to her recount what she had seen. She was still shooken up about what Vecna had shown her, and even though she knew Vecna was just playing cruel mind games to try and scare her, everything felt so... real. She couldn't get the image of Dustin's lifeless body out of her head, and she kept having to glance over to him to reassure herself that he was safe. She had a difficult time speaking her words and it truly felt like she was going to break down any second.

            "He showed me things that haven't happened yet," Her voice was hoarse as she tried to explain, fearing that if she spoke louder Vecna would come back to her. "The most awful things. I saw... a dark cloud. Spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... this giant creature... with a g-gaping mouth a-and this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into out neighborhoods. Our homes. And then... h-he..." She stopped for a moment and wiped another tear from her cheek, having a hard time continuing.

            Dustin's blue eyes sadden at seeing his sister so distraught and frightened. He walked over to the couch from where he was standing so he could sit next to her, and put a comforting hand over hers. "H-he showed me our mom, Dusty. A-and he showed me Dad as well. All this time... we truly never knew how he died, but now I know... a-and he showed me you, D-Dusty. You were dead, lifeless. And m-mom was dead..." She faced her head away from Dustin and looked back up at everyone. "Steve, R-robin, Nancy... I mean, all of you were dead."

            "Hey, hey," Dustin said comfortingly. "I'm right here. I'm right here. You're not ever going to loose me. I'm your little brother, and I will be here to taunt you forever," He chuckled, hoping to make his sister smile.

              Olivia gave him a small smile, but she wasn't sure anything could lift her mood up at the moment. It was like Vecna had stolen all of her happiness away from her, all at once.

            Steve was absolutely furious and it was visibly clear on his features. He wished there was something he could say or do to make her feel better, to bring her light, to bring her hope again. "Okay, but... he's just trying to scare you, Liv," He exhaled. "Right? I mean, it's not... it's not real," He assured. The group remained silent, making him began to have his own doubts.