14 | snowball '84

Chapter Fourteen🎲Snowball '84

Chapter Fourteen
🎲
Snowball '84

            It had been a month since everything happened and the town finally knew the truth about what happened to Barbra Holland

            It had been a month since everything happened and the town finally knew the truth about what happened to Barbra Holland. Olivia was just glad that the town finally took time to remember Barb. Olivia may have not known the girl, but they had talked to each other in the hallways at school occasionally. Barb was a sweet person and was also Nancy's best friend. It devastated Olivia that she was taken away from that thing, just like it had taken Bob.

            It was now the night of the Snowball, which was an annual winter dance at the middle school. Olivia and Nancy both decided they both wanted to volunteer as chaperones together, and even went dress shopping together. Olivia was standing in front of her mirror, straightening her curly hair for the occasion. She was wearing a gold dress with a bow tied around the waist, that complemented her chestnut colored hair and fair skin.

            She became frantic as the doorbell rang, indicating that Steve had now arrived to pick her and Dustin up. Even though Olivia could've just drove, Dustin wanted an excuse to hang out with Steve, which Olivia found adorable. Ever since Steve finished helping them out, Olivia was worried that things would go back to normal and he wouldn't talk to her again. But she couldn't have been more wrong. Her and Steve have become so close over the last month, so much so that they were best friends.

            "Livy, your boyfriend is here!" Claudia yelled from the living room, making Olivia roll her eyes. Ever since Olivia introduced Steve to her mom, her mom absolutely adored him. Whenever Steve and Olivia were hanging out at her house, Claudia took any moment possible to embarrass her daughter. Well unintentionally, of course.

            Turning off her straightener and putting it away, she checks herself in the mirror one last time and fixes her dress. Making her way over to the living room, she laughs when she sees her mom talking to Steve at the door. She was glad those two bonded, but she knew her mom could be a bit much sometimes.