06 | time is ticking

Chapter Six
🕰️
Time is Ticking

Chapter Six🕰️Time is Ticking

𓆩♡𓆪

"It was here. Right here," Max pointed to middle of the green and orange wall. Olivia, Nancy, and Robin made it back to the school and Max was trying to explain to everyone what she had seen.

            "A grandfather clock?" Olivia repeated.

            Max nodded slowly.  "It was so real," She shuddered. "And then when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."

            "It was like she was in a trance," Dustin recounted.

            Olivia widened her eyes and looked to her right at Dustin. "That's exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy," She added.

            Max turned around to face the others. "That's not even the bad part," She gulped.

            Max then leaded to them Miss Kelley's office, showing them Fred and Chrissy's files. Olivia had only been to Miss Kelley's office a few amount of times before. A pang of guilt ignited inside of Olivia from looking at such personal information, but Steve was quick to assure her that this was the only way they could help Max and try to understand what was happening to her and how to fix it.

            Everyone huddled around Max, listening intently to what she was saying. "Fred and Chrissy, they both came into Miss Kelley's office for help. They both were having headaches, bad headaches that just wouldn't go away."

            Olivia froze at Max's words. Nancy folded her arms and exchanged a worried glance with Robin, remembering what Olivia had told them at the library. Bad headaches.

            Robin glanced to her right where Olivia was sitting next to her. "Headaches," Robin mouthed to her, extremely worried for the Henderson girl who was Robin's best friend. "Tell them," Robin added quietly, putting a comforting hand over Olivia's. Olivia shook her head, not wanting to put more stress on everyone. Robin sighed. Ever since they first met, Robin was quick to learn that Olivia always put others first before herself, and while that was admirable about her, she needed to take care of herself for a change.

            Noticing this small interaction, Dustin speaks up. "Tell us what?"

            Knowing Olivia wasn't going to answer, Robin decided to answer for her. Olivia having bad headaches was too big of a coincidence and everyone needed to know. "Back when we were at the library, Liv was telling me and Nance that she was having a bad headache."

            "And she was in a sort of trance, too," Nancy spoke up.

            Dustin hesitated and visible worry washed over him. "Liv, why didn't you tell us this?"