11 | never ending story

Chapter Eleven
🍦
Never Ending Story

Chapter Eleven🍦Never Ending Story

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

Olivia Henderson was never particularly fond of Billy Hargrove. Since the first moment they met, he was twisted and heartless. It was masked by his charming good looks and the way he swaggered with a cool confidence, but Olivia could sense his true colors just by the malicious grin that was always plastered on his face and the hint of mischievousness that swirled in his dark blue eyes. Olivia, who always saw the best in people, was convinced that there was not even an ounce of good in Billy.

            Until now.

            As Steve, Robin, and Olivia arrived back at StarCourt mall, Nancy was standing in front of her car with a gun, determination written on her features. Not too far ahead of her was Billy in his Chevrolet Camaro, driving towards her. Billy's eyes were glossy as he gripped the wheel, like he was trying so hard to resist the Mind Flayer that was inside of him. Olivia's heart broke as she watched him, hating that there was nothing she could do to help him.

            Olivia embraced the worst for what was about to come. Steve stepped on the pedal and the car swiveled, crashing into Billy's car before he could crash into Nancy. Olivia's head yanked to the side as the car swiveled and she could feel her head start to bleed, but she couldn't care less. She was only worried for her friends safety.

            "Are you guys okay?" Steve panted.

            Robin looked at Steve, frozen in her place. "Ask us tomorrow?"

            When the ground started to rumble, the trio exchanged worried glances. They stood up from their seats and widened their eyes.

            Thump. Thump. Thump.

            On top of StarCourt, the ginormous Mind Flayer was looming over them. It had 8 legs and it's body was hunched over. The monster was almost like a giant moving rock with devilish eyes. She could feel the ground shake as the oddly shaped creature marched towards them. Olivia gulped and Steve kept her behind him, even though it was of really no use.

            A honking sound pulled their attention away for a split second. "Get in!" Nancy yelled, who was sitting in the front seat.

            "Liv! Come on!" Steve shouted. But Olivia was too stunned to even move. It was like she was petrified. When Olivia was too frightened to move, Steve grabbed her hand and the three of them hurried into the back of Nancy's Station Wagon. She sat next to Steve, and Robin sat across from them. Will and Lucas were seated in the middle row of the car, while Jonathan was in the driver's seat. Olivia curled her knees to her chest and her heart thumped loudly as the Mind Flayer continued to stomp and chase after them.