08 | happy reunions

Chapter Eight
🎲
Happy Reunions

。゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆

            "You're positive that it was Dart?" Lucas questioned Dustin as the gang trudged through the woods of Hawkins. Olivia was walking quietly behind Max, not being able to get the terrified image of Dart out of her mind. She could have nearly died, and the the thought made her shudder. It just dawned on her how exhausted she was. The gang, especially Steve and Dustin, kept checking her to make sure she was okay. Olivia assured them that she was, because she hated when others worried about her. But even she knew that she didn't sound so convincing. She hated the fact the Dart and his "friends" were somewhere out there, scattered throughout their little town.

"Yes," Dustin answered Lucas' question. "He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt," Olivia could tell that Lucas was starting to get on Dustin's nerves. This caused the girl to roll her eyes, there was certainly no time to be annoyed right now.

"He was tiny two days ago," Max noted, perplexed by how fast Dart was growing. Olivia could only imagine what the girl was feeling. Even though Olivia had experienced something similar last year, Max didn't and yet even Olivia was still traumatized by Dart and his ghastly appearance. Well, and the fact that they could eat them.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin explained.

"Steve furrowed his eyebrows. "Malted?"

"Molted." Dustin corrected. "Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

"Well, when's he gonna molt again?" Max asked, her big green eyes swirled with curiosity.

"It's gotta be soon," Dustin noted. "When he does he'll be fully grown or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve instantly regretted what he said, knowing that it was a touchy subject for Olivia. He looked over at her, and she tried to hide her sadness at the fact that Mews was really gone. Steve walked a few steps back and wrapped an arm around her. "Sorry for bringing up Mews," He mumbled.

Olivia sighed and flipped back her brown curly locks. "It's okay. I'm okay, really." She assured Steve.

However, Lucas didn't seem to accept this new information well. The Harrington boy's words caused Lucas to stop in his tracks and eyed Dustin suspiciously. "Wait, a cat? Dart ate a cat?"

Dustin took a few steps back, a little scared. "No, what? No." He denied, shaking his head.

Of course, Steve stood there confused, not understanding that Dustin was lying. "What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Olivia shook her head at how clueless the boy could be could be sometimes.

Max turned her head to look at the two older teens. "Mews. Who's Mews?"

"It's Olivia and Dustin's cat." Steve clarified, pointing to the siblings.

"Steve!" Dustin yelled.

"Liv, is this true?" Lucas asked the girl, shifting his eyes towards her. Lucas knew how much Olivia loved Mews, and couldn't believe Dustin had done this to not only the party, but to Olivia as well. Olivia just shrugged and folded her arms, not wanting to get Dustin in trouble. She shook her head, though Lucas could tell that she was lying.