10 | scoops troop, do you copy?

Chapter Ten
🍦
Scoops Troop, Do You Copy?

Chapter Ten🍦Scoops Troop, Do You Copy?

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

            Everyone had spread out from their circle. Steve and Robin were lounging on a bench and Olivia was exchanging hugs with all of the kids. The oh so charming Erica Sinclair walked up to Olivia and Dustin. "Well, that settles it. He's gonna die, they're gonna die," She retorted.

            "Oh come on," Olivia shook her head at the girl. "Have a little faith. He's Hopper, he can do anything." That was true. Olivia always admired Hopper and his bravery. She never had said it out loud, but she liked to think of Hopper as their own superhero, the superhero of Hawkins. Sure, superheroes were fictional characters and were known to wear red capes, but her own superhero wore a gold police badge with a heart of gold. And he was by far the coolest cop she knew.

            "Nope, they're most likely going to die," Dustin said charmingly.

            "You guys survived," Lucas pointed out with a glimmer of hope.

            "Barely," Dustin noted and turned around to face them. "We could've really used you guys down there."

            "We could've really used you up here too. And of course you too Liv. Our party isn't the same without you," Mike smiled softly. Lucas and Will nodded in agreement.

            Olivia could feel the tears in her eyes as her heart swelled with love. Erica scrunched her nose and narrowed her eyes at the older girl, but Olivia didn't care how she might've looked in that moment. These kids were like family to her, and she loved them more than anything. Will, Mike, and Lucas stepped forward and huddled together in a circle, wrapping their arms around each other with Olivia in between Will and Dustin.

            "You guys are making me cry," Olivia said, wiping the tears away from her eyes.

            "Please don't cry, nerds," Erica said in disgust.

            "Erica!"

            "Keep saying my name, see what happens," She scoffed. Olivia and Dustin shared a grin, amused by the small girl who was never afraid to share her thoughts.

            "Hey, heads up!" Hopper called from behind them and threw Dustin's walkie talkie back to him. "You can navigate, just some place safe."

            "It's not that simple," Dustin stated

            "The signal won't reach," Olivia chipped in.

            "Not with this," Dustin shook his head. "You need something with a high enough frequency band to relay with the Russians radio tower. But for that to work you need someone who has both seen the comms room and has access to a super powered handcrafted radio tower. One preferably already situated at the highest point in Hawkins," He paused, pretending to think for a moment. "Oh wait, that's me. If you want us to navigate, you got us. But we need a head start."