05 | under pressure

Chapter Five🎲Under Pressure

Chapter Five
🎲
Under Pressure

。゚❁ུ۪ °ₒ 𓂂 ˚ 𓂂 ₒ ° ₒ 𓂂 ˚˖⋆

       "Dusty, baby, you're sure she's not in your room?" Claudia Henderson asks again the next morning. Dustin holds up his hand signaling that he's on the phone. The siblings had lied to their mother that they were looking for Mews. It broke Olivia's heart to lie to her mom, she had never lied to her before. Her mom looked so heartbroken about Mews, Olivia got up from the living room couch and pulled her into a hug.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh, thank you so much Mr. McCorkle. Thank you so much. You are a true life saver," Dustin said, pretending to be talking on the phone. Olivia shook her head and stared down at her feet, not liking this at all. "Alright, bye bye now. Have a good one. Alright, you too." He hung up the phone, and turned back around to face them. "Alright, great news." He smiled.

"They found her?" Claudia asked hopefully, which only made Olivia feel worse. She was not looking forward to when Claudia was going to find out eventually that Mews was gone.

No," Dustin answered and started walking forward. "But they saw her wandering around Loch Nora."

How did the poor baby get all the way down there?" Claudia cried. Olivia held her hand to calm her down.

"I don't know. Lost, I guess." Dustin answered, taking both of his hands in hers. "But they're gonna find her. And Liv and I will stay here, just in case they call again. And you're gonna go help look? Yeah?"

"Yeah," Claudia sniffed, embracing both of her children into a hug.

"I love you," Olivia expressed, and gave her mom a kiss on the cheek.

"I love the both of you so much," Claudia cried as she fetched her coat.

"I love you," Dustin blew her a kiss.