05 | the curious case of victor creel

Chapter Five
🕰️
The Curious Case of Victor Creel

Chapter Five🕰️The Curious Case of Victor Creel

𓆩♡𓆪

            Olivia missed Eleven.

Eleven was like the little sister she never had. Olivia hoped that California and high school were treating her well. After all, El deserved to just finally be a kid for once and have fun. And while she knew El was so much more than just her powers, Olivia hated to admit that the gang needed her now more than ever. The way that Eddie described what happened to Chrissy, Olivia had a terrible feeling that was gnawing inside of her, and who knows who could be the next victim of Vecna's curse.

Olivia could hardly sleep last night; her worries were intensifying quickly. If Dustin or any of her friends were next, she wasn't sure that she could handle it. She already lost Chrissy, she couldn't bare loosing anyone else.

The next day, the gang piled up in Steve's BMW again. Once they bought some food for Eddie at Melvald's, they pulled up to Reefer Rick's house again. Eddie was still nervous and fidgety, understandably. He jumped back and almost fell over when they the five of them walked in. Olivia greeted Eddie with a tiny wave and her famous sweet smile, that Steve believed could brighten up any room. Eddie's shoulders relaxed a little, and was quick to snatch the bags of food from Dustin.

Everyone gathered around Eddie. Olivia stood in between Dustin and Steve, while Robin and Max were across from them. Eddie was munching on the cereal like he had never had food in his life.

Dustin was the first to speak up. "So, we got some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first. Always," Eddie answered in a mouthful of honey comb cereal, taking a swig of beer.

"Alright, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're pretty sure you killed Chrissy," Dustin said ever-so-charmingly.

"Like a 100% kind of convinced," Max added with a look of sympathy spreading across her features.

"And the good news?" Eddie queried, a small glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet," Robin answered this time. "But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

Olivia hated how much truth was held in Robin's words. Hawkins was full of small-minded and shallow people. There was only a small amount of people that were purely good and kind-hearted, and Olivia was more than grateful to have them in her life.

Eddie shifted his eyes to the ground. "Hunt the freak, right?"

Olivia softened her gaze at the older boy. It was weird to see the Munson boy in such a vulnerable state. At school, he was confident and didn't care what other people thought of him, which Olivia always admired about him. But now she was getting to know a different side of him, and it broke her heart to see him like this. That seemed to have become a theme for Olivia, noticing that there was always so much more to someone than what they might seem like on the outside.