Whattttt?????

Maya's pov:

".....And the best CEO award goes to Miss Maya Jones". I stood up from my seat and walked towards the stage to receive my award. As soon as I reach near the stairs 'Boom' .

My gown got stuck in my heels and I fell on my face infront of hundreds of people.

Yesterday I forgot to close the curtains. Sunlight was peeping through the window and those beautiful clouds took over the limelight of the dashing blue sky. And I started groaning bcoz of the pain in my ass . Oh shoot !!!!!

Now I understood that 'Boom ' was me falling from the bed. I got up rubbing my ass to ease the pain. I went towards the bathroom , got ready and went towards the dining table for my breakfast. As soon I reach near the table, I heard the hush hush sounds of my parents.

".....if this meeting isn't successful we'll be on roads . I don't know how to convince Mr. Adams. He is a real cruel man who knows nothing else than money. I don't even know if he'll even listen?" Dad said.

" Relax honey! The Almighty won't let anything bad happen to us . He'll take care of everything . Now stop worrying. I'll set up the breakfast. You eat and then go for the meeting." Mom consoled Dad but she seemed like reassuring herself. I couldn't understand what the hell was happening and how we'll end up on roads.

I went near them and asked " What's happening guys ? What were you talking about Dad? Is there a problem at work? Are you okay?" Suddenly he got up pushing the chair with such force that it fell down .

"You are just a child . So stop interfering in elders' matters. This should be the first and last time you eavesdropped . You aren't old enough to question me girl . Get that straight in your pea sized brain. " And with that he went walking furiously towards his car .

I was shocked with his outburst but also it wasn't the first time he shouted . Controlling my tears, I asked Mom about it.

"Nothing you should worry about" she said and went towards the kitchen murmerring, how because of me Dad went without eating anything.

Losing my appetite, I went in my room and cried thinking of the incident where I don't know what the hell was my mistake but still, I felt guilty like everytime I feel when my parents shout at me.

I cried and cried my heart burying my face in the pillow untill, I started to feel my hands and body getting cold. I felt my head pounding like someone's hammering inside it . Suddenly, I felt my chest heaving up and down realising my difficulty to breathe. And there comes my anxiety attack.

I hurriedly opened my cupboard and took out the medicine from the drawer and swallowed the pills. I went in the washroom and without removing my clothes , I stood under the cold shower.

I was shivering with cold but this is the one thing that helps me with my attacks. I don't know the reason behind this but cold water seems to lessen my anxiety.

After certain time, I found that my breathing has normalised. Turning off the cold shower, I turned the knob towards hot water and got rid of the cold and shivering. I changed my clothes and to distract myself from the morning incident, I went to my table and resumed my project.

After sitting for long time, I completed my project . I looked at my mobile and realised that I have been sitting for nearly 8 hrs. I stretched myself only to find that my body has been paining a lot due to long hours of being in the same position. I decided to go for a walk in the nearby park to refresh myself.

I took a cold drink can from the fridge and went towards the door . My dad just parked his car in the garage and entered the house in a bad mood . Not wanting to repeat the morning incident I ignored him and went to the park.